Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » SQL Server Linked Server to Oracle
SQL Server Linked Server to Oracle [message #247685] Tue, 26 June 2007 16:08 Go to next message
Mike65
I have an Oracle client installed on a Windows Server 2003 box. SQL*PLUS is working and connecting to Oracle just fine. When trying to setup a linked server from SQL to Oracle, the request is not making it off the client machine according to our network monitoring tools. No traffic is seen leaving the box at the time we are testing the linked server.

The Oracle client is version 9.2. The provider SQL is using is MSDAORA.dll version 2.82. I have unregistered and re-registered the dll. All that's needed in the T-SQL is the provider and datasource, and the latter is specified in the tnsnames.ora file. I have tried to create using a script that created earlier linked servers sucessfully that are no longer in service. My Oracle client was 'downgraded' from verison 10 at the request of the Oracle DBA on the other end. I used the Installer tool to remove 10 and install 9i. Any ideas? Much thanks in advance.
Re: SQL Server Linked Server to Oracle [message #248011 is a reply to message #247685] Wed, 27 June 2007 15:25 Go to previous message
Mike65
This was caused by a disconnect between 9i and msdaora.dll. Oracle client version 10 is working.
Previous Topic: tnsnames
Next Topic: Listener problem in oracle 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:26:44 CDT 2024