Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » application import/export failing, hopefully a simple one though
application import/export failing, hopefully a simple one though [message #246586] Thu, 21 June 2007 07:11 Go to next message
gina07
hi all,

i'm very new to oracle and am trying to get going with xe. i'm working between work and home and want to be able to transport wherever i'm at to work/home - so i thought the application import/export function would be the best way? first of all, is it?

if so - i keep getting the
failed to parse SQL query:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
error

i'm running the same versions of oracle, on the same platforms (Application Express 2.1.0.00.39, winXPpro all service packed up). both my users have dba roles and the apps work fine on the machines i created them on. the import and install processes claim to be successful and the error only comes up when i try to log in to the application. any ideas?

btw - the apps are just simple tests, dependences etc with a couple rows in each table]

any help be much appreciated even if its "go read this!" as i've googled away & got not much....

cheers!
Re: application import/export failing, hopefully a simple one though [message #246762 is a reply to message #246586] Thu, 21 June 2007 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
In my opinion, yes - export and import utilities are to be used to transfer database between two computers.

As of ORA-00942 error: it appears at the moment of logging on to the application. Check whether there's a trigger which raises this error (trigger might be either in your application, a database trigger or both).
Re: application import/export failing, hopefully a simple one though [message #247362 is a reply to message #246762] Mon, 25 June 2007 12:18 Go to previous message
andrew again
ensure that both Database and Apex users are set up the same. In 2.1 the paths are:
Home>Administration>Manage Database Users
Home>Application Builder>Application Administration>Manage Application Express Users
Previous Topic: Retrieving remote user without owa package. Is it possible ?
Next Topic: help with redirecting to next page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:48:45 CDT 2024