Home » Other » General » get tables views???
get tables views??? [message #225555] Tue, 20 March 2007 05:51 Go to next message
cefb
hi there!!!

Is any way of getting the views of a table?

I know that i can get the views using user_views but i can't match any column of the select result to get the tables associated to the view.

thanks
Re: get tables views??? [message #225562 is a reply to message #225555] Tue, 20 March 2007 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
View is just a stored query. Either you look into the base definition or check the dependencies.
scott@9i > column view_name format a6 
scott@9i > select view_name ,text from user_views;

VIEW_N TEXT
------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MYVIEW select "EMPNO","ENAME","JOB","MGR","HIREDATE","SAL","COMM","DEPTNO" from emp

scott@9i > select name,type,referenced_name,referenced_type from user_dependencies where name='MYVIEW';

NAME   TYPE  REFERENCED_NAME                                                  REFERENCED_TYPE
------ ----- ---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------
MYVIEW VIEW  EMP                                                              TABLE
Re: get tables views??? [message #225571 is a reply to message #225555] Tue, 20 March 2007 06:51 Go to previous message
cefb
thanks a lot.
"perfect for my needs".
thanks again

[Updated on: Tue, 20 March 2007 06:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: 10g Client Form Feed
Next Topic: asp -> stored procedures not using adobdb.command?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:50:31 CDT 2024