Home » Infrastructure » Windows » installation on "vista"
icon4.gif  installation on "vista" [message #218305] Wed, 07 February 2007 12:41 Go to next message
rajat_chaudhary

hello everyone,
please help me in installing oracle on vista.
i installed oracle 9i from cd's (3 cd pack) all the three cd's installed perfectly but after the installation of these three cd's , a window appears ( which is default intsllation ) in which some below mentioned tools were installed:-

1. Net Configuration Assitant
2. HTTP server etc.

when intallation of net configuration assistant is going on then "jrew.exe" stops working and the process of installation keeps going on and going on..........
then when i stopped listner ,then another tool installation starts and after sometime "apache.exe" stops working

means all the 4 tools are not successfully intalled
and when i start sql*plus it says that the

TNSerror: service name does not resolve...

please send me reply either i can install database (9i or 10g) on vista or again have to switchover on windows xp or windows 2000 .

and i the case of 10g ,i tried to run it's setup neither it is running nor showing any error.

thanks in advance............
Re: installation on "vista" [message #218340 is a reply to message #218305] Wed, 07 February 2007 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
MS Windows Vista is not supported by Oracle. Check Oracle on Windows Vista: Statement of Direction document.

By the way, in my universe, you are the very first one who is trying to do that (at least, I don't know anyone else). People managed to install Oracle on different unsupported OS versions; I'm really curious how will you odyssey end.
Re: installation on "vista" [message #225036 is a reply to message #218305] Fri, 16 March 2007 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisy2k
Hi rajat chaudhary

Have u got solution to ur problem?
I am also experiencing the same problems. same 4 errors. "jrew.exe" etc..

perhaps there might be some.

I think one option if to use XP with dual boot (incase u want to use vista too). when u want to work on oracle then boot with Xp otherwise Vista.

Regards
Muhammad Asim
wordswordsandwords@hotmail.com
www.mindurcricket.com
Re: installation on "vista" [message #225162 is a reply to message #225036] Sun, 18 March 2007 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajat_chaudhary

No Muhammad still i don't get any solution of this problem
please make ur sentence clear and describe it fully.
Re: installation on "vista" [message #225795 is a reply to message #225162] Wed, 21 March 2007 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
rajat_chaudhary wrote on Sun, 18 March 2007 17:50
please make ur sentence clear and describe it fully.
I couldn't agree more: Please make YOUR sentence clear Wink

BTW: Oracle XE is certified for Vista. I naturally assume that you are trying to install this for personal use because no one would use an unsupported combination for professional use. This might be an option for you. The download is around 200MB if I'm not mistaken.

MHE
Re: installation on "vista" [message #225802 is a reply to message #225795] Wed, 21 March 2007 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

download is around 200MB

Correct !!!

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/xe/htdocs/102xewinsoft.html

regards
Taj

Re: installation on "vista" [message #229268 is a reply to message #225036] Fri, 06 April 2007 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jasdeep2k
hi everyone..
even i m also facing same problem regarding installing oracle9i on vista..i m surprised how ppl manage tyo install all 3 cd's.actually i too face the same error while installing first cd jrew.exe...have u got the solution for it on vista...

yeh i know dual booting is the solution actuallt i m facing another problem also...i recently bought sony laptop vgn-c25g series...nit has vista premium pre installed on it...drivers for vista r only supported for this laptop...drivers for xp are not supported..i tried many kinda drivers from net..but nuthing works..can anybody plz solve my problem
Re: installation on "vista" [message #418568 is a reply to message #229268] Mon, 17 August 2009 06:38 Go to previous message
bishnuprasad14
I am also facing the same problem in vista.
If u got the solution please suggest me....
Previous Topic: Encrypt any text file from CMD
Next Topic: Suggested 2003 Tuning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:52:28 CDT 2024