Home » Other » General » multiple oracle sessions
multiple oracle sessions [message #216529] Mon, 29 January 2007 04:12 Go to next message
piet.heyn
Hello,

As I don't know the right forum for my question I try the general forum first.

We deploy a SqlWindows application on Oracle 9i, via Citrix Presentation Server to about 20 users. Lately we have a lot of problems with users locking each other. The application has been running for years in a multi-user setting with no problems at all.

Everytime a user report a problem with a not responding application we see that this user (and others) have multiple sessions in Oracle. These multiple sessions seem to lock each other.

In SqlWindows all the acquired handles to Oracle are on the same connection, so we would expect there to be only 1 session per user.

Can anyone explain how these multiple sessions might come to existance?

Thanks in advance.
Re: multiple oracle sessions [message #217335 is a reply to message #216529] Thu, 01 February 2007 14:38 Go to previous message
dan_thorman
well, i'm no expert (far from it, in fact) but if i had to toss a guess out there it would be that the previous sessions of the given user are hanging (the session isn't terminating upon logging out) and then they are also acquiring a new session upon logging back in.

Just a guess...
Previous Topic: copying all of the objects in one schema over to another schema
Next Topic: using expired products license problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:30:41 CDT 2024