Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Conversion/Creating Contract from Install Base Information
Conversion/Creating Contract from Install Base Information [message #205612] Sun, 26 November 2006 16:20 Go to next message
aks11i@yahoo.com

Hi All,
My client has just completed Install base conversion from the legacy system
(both history and active information).They have also completed sales order conversion for the open orders only from legacy system.They have done the customer conversion,item conversion as well from the legacy system.
Now the customer wants to create program for running the Contract conversion from Install base.They want to take extract from install base and done some validation and call the contract api to create the contract.
I am assigned this job,I need some information on this :-
1. Is it possible to run a extract from install base and though contract api,create the contract (since the billing,invoicing,payment rule is missing).As per client,these values will be defaulted.Also price list information,they want to derive the price based on the item at the run time.
2. If the first method of getting the extract from install base is considered,which all fields from install base are necessary to create the contracts.
3.Further to ,if starting from the install base extract,what are the list of validation done before calling the contract api to create the contract headers,lines.
4. Is it better idea to start the extract from legacy system and do the validation program and then call the contract api to create the contract.
5. If the first method of getting the extract from legacy is considered,which all fields from install base are necessary to create the contracts.
6.Further to ,if starting from the legacy extract,what are the list of validation done before calling the contract api to create the contract headers,lines.
7.I am basically keen to know how this design will work.Any help,support will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Amit
Re: Conversion/Creating Contract from Install Base Information [message #205643 is a reply to message #205612] Sun, 26 November 2006 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

Hi Amit,

Firstly, let me suggest the one way you can get enough information is install base user guide(CSI115UG).

1) You may not get the billing details from install base,obviously its from AR.For this you need to run a concurrent program(Service Contracts Fetch Receivables Info for Billing)This is to run in Service Contracts or else the same can be derived from Orcale Advanced Pricing,(SFM or SFM bypass should be up).

Whenever when an service item which is Install Base trackable is booked an order in Order Management,then automatically acontract will be created in Service Contracts.

This contract details can be viewed in Install Base quering the Contract No or Product no.

It is always better to go through the legacy first and then prepare the validation table.

use sqlldr to dump the data into interface tables and then run the API to deploy the same into base tables of Service Contracts.

I install BAse you may create a product or instance but a contract can't be created manually.

Its upto my knowledge.

Revert back if you ahve a better idea.

Thanks,
Surya
Re: Conversion/Creating Contract from Install Base Information [message #207228 is a reply to message #205643] Mon, 04 December 2006 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aks11i@yahoo.com

Hi Surya,
Thanks for detailed information.
Do you know how to derive contract number for the corresponding instance_id.
Actually I am running an extract from install base.I need to remove all the install base instance number for which the contract is created.I am not sure , in which table contract information is stored in install base.
Thanks and Regards,
Amit
aks11i@yahoo.com
Re: Conversion/Creating Contract from Install Base Information [message #207275 is a reply to message #205612] Mon, 04 December 2006 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

Hi Amit,

Here is the Inforamtion you are expecting:

In CSI_ITEM_INSTANCES_H you can find contract number and also the corresponding insatance id.

here TRANSACTION_ID IS CONTRACT NUMBER &
INSTANCE_ID IS INSTANCE IDENTIFICATION

revert back for any clarifications.

thanks,
Surya

Re: Conversion/Creating Contract from Install Base Information [message #207491 is a reply to message #207275] Tue, 05 December 2006 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aks11i@yahoo.com

Hi Surya,

I got the query to derive contract number from the instance number.Let me know if you require that.

Do you whether ship_to_site_id is a madatory field for the contract creation by the contract api - OKS_CONTRACTS_PUB.Create_Contract_Header

I could see in the record type that this parameter is being called,but not sure whether this is a madatory field to be passed to create contract.

Thanks,
Amit
Re: Conversion/Creating Contract from Install Base Information [message #207526 is a reply to message #205612] Tue, 05 December 2006 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

Hi Amit,

Please I really appreciate if you send me that query to derive the contract with the instance_id.

I need to check your requirement. I will soon get back to you

thanks,
Surya
Re: Conversion/Creating Contract from Install Base Information [message #290364 is a reply to message #207491] Fri, 28 December 2007 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
siri35in
Hi Amith,
Can you send me the query how to get the contract number with its associated item in install base.I am working on the same now.

Thanks in advance
Sirisha
sirisha.usa@gmail.com
Re: Conversion/Creating Contract from Install Base Information [message #504552 is a reply to message #290364] Tue, 26 April 2011 09:06 Go to previous message
rmididhoddi
Hi,

Please some one send me the Query to join Install base and Service Contracts. Itried with object_id1 but not working all contracts.

Thanks,
Raghu
rmididhoddi@gmail.com

Previous Topic: Unable to add role to user in EBS
Next Topic: APPL_TOP is not set
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:01:47 CDT 2024