Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS - monitoring progress?
GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS - monitoring progress? [message #204642] Tue, 21 November 2006 08:32 Go to next message
gwicke
Greetings

When running DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS and having all tables in MONITORIING mode, is there a way to monitor the progress of the statistic gathering process?

I realize the process will take various times based on the number of objects it believes it needs to analyze, however, my process takes consistently about 90 minutes give or take 10%. Every now and then the process runs over 3 hours.

My gut tells me it's NOT due to an large increase in new data so I'm looking for a way to monitor the progress of the gathering process so I can check it manually or even write progress steps out to a log file.

Many thanks for the help.

-gary
Re: GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS - monitoring progress? [message #204648 is a reply to message #204642] Tue, 21 November 2006 09:00 Go to previous message
JRowbottom
You can query DBA_TABLES, DBA_TAB_COLUMNS, DBA_INDEXES andDBA_TAB_COL_STATISTICS and look at the LAST_ANALYZED.
If you check how many of these are after the date/time that you started Dbms_stats going, you should be able to get an idea of the progress.
Previous Topic: Difference between two query
Next Topic: DB tuning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:15:27 CDT 2024