Home » Other » General » SQL Parsing Tool
SQL Parsing Tool [message #203611] Wed, 15 November 2006 16:25 Go to next message
rleishman
Question from a colleague that I couldn't answer, and couldn't find on a search:

Does anyone know of a tool that can parse SQL statements and return results of the parse beyond mere success or failure (a-la Explain Plan). For, example, it could give a list of tables, columns, hints, join columns, whatever. I appreciate that some of this detail can be retrieved from the PLAN_TABLE, but he's looking for more.

Quest's SQL Impact has been suggested, but it is not fully compliant with 9i/10g, and is apparenetly no longer supported by Quest.

Ross Leishman
Re: SQL Parsing Tool [message #203683 is a reply to message #203611] Thu, 16 November 2006 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
The claims made here (alternative site) sound promising, albeit it is a general (not Oracle-specific) parser, so hints might be left out.
Quote:
It can also provides more detail information about a SQL statement such as statement types (Select, insert, update, delete or create and so on), what's table and fields are used in a statement, and different parts of a SQL statement are also available such as where clause, group by clause and having clause and so on.

Hmm, when writing this and searching further, it turns out this one is referenced by in many hits, so you probably ran into it already..
Re: SQL Parsing Tool [message #203901 is a reply to message #203683] Thu, 16 November 2006 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
Thanks, but really looking for something that will handle all of those little Oracle-isms (MERGE, INSERT ALL, CONNECT BY, blah, blah) gracefully.

I'll pass on the link though.
Re: SQL Parsing Tool [message #204028 is a reply to message #203611] Fri, 17 November 2006 06:35 Go to previous message
tahpush

"Quest's SQL Impact has been suggested, but it is not fully compliant with 9i/10g, and is apparenetly no longer supported by Quest."

Surely Quest most have another tool for this purpose, like a plug-in modul in Toad, dont know if it's that gracefull thou Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 17 November 2006 06:36]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Download Oracle8 SW windows
Next Topic: Oracle getConnection() issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:45:53 CDT 2024