Home » Other » General » Oracle licensing question
Oracle licensing question [message #203212] Tue, 14 November 2006 06:04 Go to next message
ratnerstar
Hello,

I am a non-technical person with no Oracle experience, so please bear with me.

I'm working as a project management advisor to an organization that is developing a large and complex IT project which includes an Oracle database. This organization -- which is in a developing country -- has very little experience with projects of this scale. The problem is that I'm getting conflicting information about whether their version of Oracle is licensed. Some people say it isn't; others say that it is but they haven't purchased a service and support agreement.

I was under the impression that service and support where bundled with the license, but I've been known to be wrong in the past. Can anyone clarify this for me?

I very much appreciate any help.
Re: Oracle licensing question [message #203226 is a reply to message #203212] Tue, 14 November 2006 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

hi

go through below link about oracle price and license.

http://www.oracle.com/corporate/pricing/index.html

hope this helps.
Mohammad Taj.
Re: Oracle licensing question [message #203228 is a reply to message #203212] Tue, 14 November 2006 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Contact your local Oracle sales representative. (S)He can tell you everything you need to know!
Re: Oracle licensing question [message #204563 is a reply to message #203212] Tue, 21 November 2006 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dominikz

If you would like I can help you with this. I worked in a couple of Oracle's business units and cam give you an overview about how the licensing and support scenarios work as it applies to your client's situation.

Also, I would advise against contacting your Oracle Rep. until you are fairly sure of your client's situation, as you wouldn't want to be blind-sided by any compliance issues that you are not aware of prior to contacting them.

My contact email is below.

Dominik Zynis
dz@iorsources.com
Re: Oracle licensing question [message #204601 is a reply to message #204563] Tue, 21 November 2006 06:24 Go to previous message
Frank
Nice advice!
I translate "as you wouldn't want to be blind-sided by any compliance issues" to "Don't contact your Oracle sales representative, because it may be you are using illegal software..."
Previous Topic: Oracle getConnection() issue
Next Topic: Please give me guidance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:19:40 CDT 2024