Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » TNS probs: Unable to connect the Data base
TNS probs: Unable to connect the Data base [message #202212] Wed, 08 November 2006 14:45 Go to next message
rajeevranjan

hi,

My name is Rajeev. I will successfully installed Oracle 9i in my Pc. Operating system is WinXP. But when i installed the Forms 6i on my pc and tried to connect with the databse, it is showing TNS error message :unable to connect to the database. Even i tried to copy the listener oracle to forms 6i, but same error msg is showing. Earlier, i tried to login name:scott & password tiger in sql prompt, it was successfully conneced. but after installation of Forms 6i, it is showing the error msg. please help me ASAP and provide me brief description of configuraton. For this i will be greatfut to you.

Regards
Rajeev
Re: TNS probs: Unable to connect the Data base [message #202274 is a reply to message #202212] Wed, 08 November 2006 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

hi.
post tnsnames.ora file.
check address parameter is right specified in tnsnames.ora

try to connect on sqlplus like
sql>conn scott/tiger@db_name
ORCL =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    [B](ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ALwarid-Taj.fakhruddin.local)(PORT = 1521))[/B]
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SERVICE_NAME = orcl)
    )
  )

hope this helps
M.Taj.

icon12.gif  Re: TNS probs: Unable to connect the Data base [message #205817 is a reply to message #202274] Mon, 27 November 2006 15:08 Go to previous message
rajeevranjan

Thanks Mr. Taj,

I must try this on my pc. And whatever will be the outcome i will let you know.

Regards
Rajeev
Previous Topic: Oracle Connectivity between two country
Next Topic: [SOLVED] ORA-31202: DBMS_LDAP: LDAP client/server error: Insufficient
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:34:27 CDT 2024