Home » Other » General » Entity Relationship Models
Entity Relationship Models [message #198450] Tue, 17 October 2006 04:05 Go to next message
Hauke
Hello,

Don't know, if this is the right category, so sorry if it isn't.

I am looking for a program for (Linux or Windows or Mac OS) which can create a good looking Entity Relationship Model (ER-Model). I tryed some out, and some are quite good, but there is no way to display the attributes of an entity (oval-circle).
The programs name is dds-pro and after creating the model you can export that as an plain-text file with the database structure. That is also a nice feature, but I need the attributes to be shown.

Thank you very much
Bye bye
Hauke
Re: Entity Relationship Models [message #198506 is a reply to message #198450] Tue, 17 October 2006 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
Do you need it for a course? Schools are the only place I have seen the traditional ER model (with attrs in ovals). It is universally ignored in the professional world in favour of the (not sure of its real name) database model diagram, where the attributes are listed in the entity box beneath the entity name.

Try Googling with site:edu to search educational institutions - they would be far more likely to use this than anyone else.

Ross Leishman
Re: Entity Relationship Models [message #198508 is a reply to message #198450] Tue, 17 October 2006 07:42 Go to previous message
Hauke
Hi

In matter of fact, I need this for the university Smile I will try looking around a little bit more, but if somebody knows a tool, feel free to post it Smile

Thanks a lot
Bye bye
Previous Topic: Materialized View fast refresh without MV logs
Next Topic: differences between tera data and oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 10:27:05 CDT 2024