Home » Other » General » Trial Oracle software?
Trial Oracle software? [message #197948] Fri, 13 October 2006 07:04 Go to next message
orausern
Oracle does not have a trial version for download , am I right?
There is one project where they want to first 'test' how it will be if they have a local set up (in addition to a set up at client site). The team is of 10 people and they want to use this set up for a month or so for testing before deciding whether to go ahead with it or not...

while there is a download link on metalink, the terms of development licence states that:

"
We grant you a nonexclusive, nontransferable limited license to use the programs only for the purpose of developing a single prototype of your application, and not for any other purpose."

This means that a team can not use this as trial software in the company for a month right? Please correct me if I am wrong..

This is different from products like Toad, where such issues are not there.

Shall be thankful for your inputs..

Nirav
Re: Trial Oracle software? [message #197950 is a reply to message #197948] Fri, 13 October 2006 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Would they (they, them - sounds like a conspiracy theory http://www.orafaq.com/forum/fa/1599/0/) be satisfied with Oracle 10g Express Edition (XE)?
Oracle

It is a free version of the world's most capable relational database. Oracle Database XE is easy to install, easy to manage, and easy to develop with.

With Oracle Database XE, you use an intuitive, browser-based interface, to:
- Administer the database
- Create tables, views, and other database objects
- Import, export, and view table data
- Run queries and SQL scripts
- Generate reports

I believe it would give a pretty good feeling of Oracle, and they could try it longer than just one month. Later, if necessary, it is possible to upgrade (and pay) for Enterprise Edition.
Re: Trial Oracle software? [message #197955 is a reply to message #197948] Fri, 13 October 2006 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
In addition to Littlefoots suggestion:
Contact your local Oracle Sales representative. She/He can tell you everything you want to know about licensing issues.
Re: Trial Oracle software? [message #197959 is a reply to message #197955] Fri, 13 October 2006 08:15 Go to previous message
orausern
Thanks for all the info! Yes contacting them (oracle sales) would be the best way...
Previous Topic: Data Modification on Personal Orcale 7
Next Topic: Materialized View fast refresh without MV logs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:14:47 CDT 2024