Home » Other » General » Champs : Need your help
Champs : Need your help [message #195337] Thu, 28 September 2006 01:54 Go to next message
andy_oracle_dba
Dear Champs,

Kindly revert with your brief suggestions / tips / solutions for my following requirements. Waiting for your favourable reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Andy.

=================================================================
1) What are the common questions asked in DBA interview?

2) Kindly give me important tips for attending DBA interviews.

3) What size of database you handled? What should be the expected answer?

4) Expectation of RMAN knowledge.

5) What is the normal backup strategy use in your company & in market?

6) On which OS you are working?

7) How we should quote our salary?

Cool How many times you have done pl/sql coding while working as a DBA?

9) What are the common DBA activities you do on daily basis?

10) For @ 3 years experienced DBAs, what are the expectations from those candidates?

11) Important tips on Tuning.

12) How do you got your current job? i.e. through friend's reference or through consultant, news paper or through job consultant. Can you mail me email addresses from top & best IT consultant?

13) Do we need to do recovery now days? If yes then what procedure you follow?

14) Can you guide me on replication of database & standby database like creating standby database, procedure to follow for creating standby database / replica? Why & where they used?

15) Do you need to tune a pl/sql scripts & how you do it? Which tools do you use?

16) Can you guide me in simple statement how a DBA can use TOAD software for daily activities?

=================================================================
Re: Champs : Need your help [message #195466 is a reply to message #195337] Thu, 28 September 2006 18:34 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Always answer truthfully, never b*ll-sh*t (pretend that you know when you don't). The person who answers all the questions doesn't necessarily get the job. An applicant's personality and willingness to learn is nearly as important as their current knowledge.

Most, if not all, of these questions can be googled. But as a start, I suggest you search this 'web site' for 'interview', and for my previous suggestions search 'interview david'.

David
Previous Topic: sql analyzer
Next Topic: Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:34:04 CDT 2024