Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource, com.evermind.sql.DriverManagerDataSource
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource, com.evermind.sql.DriverManagerDataSource [message #193938] Wed, 20 September 2006 01:06 Go to next message
shobaanandhan
What is the difference between Class: oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource and Class: com.evermind.sql.DriverManagerDataSource.
we are using evermind.sql.DriverManager class in the data-sources.xml.
Does that have pooled DS.
Re: oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource, com.evermind.sql.DriverManagerDataSource [message #233354 is a reply to message #193938] Wed, 25 April 2007 15:54 Go to previous message
Thagor
Hello,

Finally at least an answer Wink).
I'm no JDBC expert but as far as I know the differences can be explained as follows:
According to by example the Oracle JDBC FAQ ([url=http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_faq.htm#04_01]) the main difference between a "DataSource" and a "DriverManager"-driver is that last one (=DriverManager) is the older one and can not handle Connection pooling (or only poorly).
The other difference between the mentioned drivers is the origin. The Evermind driver is not always capable of translating all of the Oracle specific commands and Oracle therefore recommends (as always) to use the newest Oracle JDBC drivers, which in practice means, even if your are accessing a 8.1.7 database use the 10g-drivers to access an Oracle database.

I hope this still helps.

Thagor
Previous Topic: Help me to configure OID with AD.
Next Topic: Forms10g r 2 Problem ( runing slow )
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 20:08:56 CDT 2024