Home » Other » General » Documention - help!
Documention - help! [message #192465] Tue, 12 September 2006 08:57 Go to next message
rusty_ryan
Hi all,

I have recently set up an Oracle server. And now I need to document the setup. Further, I will also need to write down few change documents and best practices guide concerning Oracle DB Server.

Can anyone of you point me in some direction on how can I write an simple article on newly setup Oracle server. Something like Release notes for my Oracle 10g Server? Are there templates available? Can anyone of you forward me any good sample docs/formats/templates you might have? Or anyone of you guys might have wrote this a lot of times before, what should be the details I should include?

Thanks so much in advance for all your help!

Regards.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 September 2006 09:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Documention - help! [message #192471 is a reply to message #192465] Tue, 12 September 2006 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Just google.
Trust me, you will never get disappointed with the results.
All the oracle documentation is available at
http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/index.html
and tahiti.oracle.com.

You have not mentioned your OS. Choose the documentation for oracle version/OS of your choise and give a good read.
many webresources like orafaq.com,otn.oracle.com, otn forums have numerous resources that will help you jumpstart.
Just search~!.

Regards

Re: Documention - help! [message #192480 is a reply to message #192465] Tue, 12 September 2006 09:52 Go to previous message
rusty_ryan
Thanks Mahesh!!

I have the my 10g running on Windows 2003!!!

I will definately try Google-ing again; however, I am after something specific that you experts might have already got in place and people using it...

Cheers!
Previous Topic: Tools for working with Oracle?
Next Topic: JINITIATOR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:50:40 CDT 2024