Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Dilemma on Loading and querying.
Dilemma on Loading and querying. [message #184918] Fri, 28 July 2006 12:18 Go to next message
rkl1
Friends:

Here is my dilemma. We have 2 big partitioned tables over 150GB each. Every night tables are loaded and either we rebuild or recreate the indexes after loading done.And it takes time. Now users like to query these tables to longer hours so we can't start loading in future as done now.

It came to me that, we could copy the same two tables either in same or another schema (space is no problem) and then do the loading. And the original tables we will drop and make two materialized view with fast refresh option (logs included). so when users gone (mid night), we will run the refresh for the mviews which would get all the changes from the newly loaded tables. I wonder what about the indexes. Can we build bitmap type indexes on the mviews.

I wonder if there are other ideas we could pursue. The total loading and index making take around 6-8 hours.

Any help, assistance would be highly respected, and be remembered with appreciation for the long time.
Re: Dilemma on Loading and querying. [message #184957 is a reply to message #184918] Fri, 28 July 2006 21:38 Go to previous message
rleishman
Use Partition Exchange Loading

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: hints required
Next Topic: Is there enough SGA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:52:57 CDT 2024