Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Warehousing for Metadata
Warehousing for Metadata [message #179129] Sun, 25 June 2006 22:54 Go to next message
narayanan.v
Hi
I am working in Data Warehosuing project as a plsql developer.We do have some basic dba permission to our database.But we can not go for trace filles .. .Our DATABASE Configuration are as follows.

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - 64bit Production
  PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production
  CORE    9.2.0.7.0       Production
  TNS for HPUX: Version 9.2.0.7.0 - Production
  NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.7.0 - Production.

I want to store some meta data information on day to day basis. Based on these data, We have to look for performace improvement of database. For example storing tablespace,segment information ... .
So please help me what are parameters,informations we have to store.Litteraly I want to do the Warehousing for the Meta Data. Help me in this regard.

Regards,
V.Narayanan.
Re: Warehousing for Metadata [message #179193 is a reply to message #179129] Mon, 26 June 2006 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Not sure I understand what you want do. However, it may help if you scan through the following manuals:

• Data Warehousing Guide
  • Performance Planning
  • Performance Tuning Guide and Reference
If you have any specific questions, please do let us know.
Re: Warehousing for Metadata [message #179198 is a reply to message #179193] Mon, 26 June 2006 05:33 Go to previous message
narayanan.v
Frank

Thanks for the replay. Just i want to store some information about my database as a daily activity. By analyzing the data, I can get out some information ,to optimize my database preformance.

For example,consider i am taking the daily snapshof of my tablespace.So that i can keep track of the tablespace size.I can generate some report in a given month,how much each tablespace size grown.If it is abnormal then i can analyze what is the reason behind that,in more accurate manner as i am having daily snap shot of the tablespace size.

Like this,apart from tablespace size information,what are other things i have to look for and store it.

Still you are not getting what i am saying please let me know. I am eagerly waiting for your valuable suggestions.
Previous Topic: OWB Flat File source error
Next Topic: INS0003
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:41:56 CDT 2024