Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » parameter defaulting in request submission form
parameter defaulting in request submission form [message #174404] Mon, 29 May 2006 03:10 Go to next message
abhijion
i need to submit a request that takes one parameter as a number and another as date.now if i schedule that request for a week the date can be automatically incremented by enabling a checkbox in the parameter window.but i need to increment the number in the number parameter automatically .how do i do that ??

please go thru the attachment..i need anchor_num parameter ,a number, to get incremented daily automatically .where do i make changes??
  • Attachment: ANCHORNUM.doc
    (Size: 367.50KB, Downloaded 1518 times)
Re: parameter defaulting in request submission form [message #174574 is a reply to message #174404] Mon, 29 May 2006 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
Try defining anchor_num in individual request as an hidden parameter. You will not have any problem with the request set.
On the individual request, you can give a default value (sql type for example) to anchor_num using for example a sequence.
Re: parameter defaulting in request submission form [message #174640 is a reply to message #174574] Tue, 30 May 2006 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abhijion
hi,
thanks for the reply and the approach.
however i am a bit skeptical as i already tried using sequence or sql query when we define the defalt type for a parameter while defining the parameters for the request. But the catch is that we have to consider these restrictins:
1. we cannot make any changes in pre or post triggers for report
and are supposed to implement the automation of anchornum in frontend.
2. the particular report needs to be scheduled for a week ,and if we attach a sql for default it will get called only for the first time the report is run not subsequent times in the week so no increment in anchornum.

so could you suggest some modifications or say, tell us if wrapper functions can be used one calling another function or something on similar lines ??
Re: parameter defaulting in request submission form [message #174758 is a reply to message #174640] Tue, 30 May 2006 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
I am not able to understand your problem.
1. What is the link between your parameter and "pre or post triggers for report" ?
2. Why do you say that the concurrent program will be run only once if the request set is scheduled for a week?
Re: parameter defaulting in request submission form [message #174914 is a reply to message #174758] Wed, 31 May 2006 00:48 Go to previous message
abhijion
i think this is what i was interested to know if parameters
can be shared between different concurrent programs in
request stages.thanks for replying in the affirmative.

sorry for putting forth some restrictions that were
confusing because some guys were suggesting something
todo with report triggersand that was not clear even to
me.

anyway i think this should solve the problem.
i will let you know if it is done..
thanks a lot
Previous Topic: Errer when running Funds Check Process
Next Topic: Where is Purchase Order Number in AP_INVOICES ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 07:01:28 CDT 2024