Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Problem with Object Dependencies
Problem with Object Dependencies [message #173685] Wed, 24 May 2006 00:47 Go to next message
kumarsz
Hi,
I Want to see dependencies of object hierarchically (only procedures),
i am using user_dependencies which shows only one level for each object
e.g. proc1 p3 calls p2 which in turn calls p1, still there will be only one entry for p3 showing its dependency with p2 and not with p1.
This needs querying user_dependencies with connect by kind of query to get hierchical query.

utldeptree shows complete required information, however it needs "deptree_fill" be called individually for each object followed by call to deptree.
Is it possible to use deptree for all objects at a time?

Thanks in Advance,
Pratap
Re: Problem with Object Dependencies [message #173788 is a reply to message #173685] Wed, 24 May 2006 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
option 1:
Write a simple script that goes through every object (in a looP).
execute deptree_fill,
selects the deptree and append the output.
You need to append, because by default every time the deptree_temptab is deleted.

Option 2:
Tweak the utldtree script.
Add a column to indicate parent object.
comment the delete part of the script.
Go through each object, execute deptree_fill.
Now all information is available in deptree. You query it as usual with an orderby on parentobjectname,seq#.

Re: Problem with Object Dependencies [message #173865 is a reply to message #173788] Wed, 24 May 2006 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarsz
Hi Mahesh,
Many thanks for your advice.
i will try to do what you have described,
However what about following..
i executed following quey which gave me error (may be due to recursive calls to data dictionary)
ERROR:
ORA-01436: CONNECT BY loop in user data

SELECT A.* FROM(select decode(SUBSTR(NAME,3,1),'_',SUBSTR(NAME,1,2),SUBSTR(NAME,1,3)) MODULE, NAME,TYPE,decode(SUBSTR(referenced_NAME,3,1),'_',SUBSTR(referenced_NAME,1,2),SUBSTR(referenced_NAME,1,3)) REFERRED_MODULE,
REFERENCED_NAME,REFERENCED_TYPE from user_dependencies where TYPE IN ('PROCEDURE','FUNCTION','PACKAGE BODY','PACKAGE' ) AND
REFERENCED_TYPE IN('PROCEDURE','FUNCTION','PACKAGE BODY','PACKAGE') AND SUBSTR(NAME,1,3) !=
SUBSTR(REFERENCED_NAME,1,3) AND REFERENCED_OWNER = 'HSASYS') A CONNECT BY PRIOR REFERENCED_NAME = NAME;

then i ran the same query for each aplhabet separately

SELECT A.* FROM(select decode(SUBSTR(NAME,3,1),'_',SUBSTR(NAME,1,2),SUBSTR(NAME,1,3)) MODULE, NAME,TYPE,decode(SUBSTR(referenced_NAME,3,1),'_',SUBSTR(referenced_NAME,1,2),SUBSTR(referenced_NAME,1,3)) REFERRED_MODULE,
REFERENCED_NAME,REFERENCED_TYPE from user_dependencies where TYPE IN ('PROCEDURE','FUNCTION','PACKAGE BODY','PACKAGE' ) AND
REFERENCED_TYPE IN('PROCEDURE','FUNCTION','PACKAGE BODY','PACKAGE') AND SUBSTR(NAME,1,3) !=
SUBSTR(REFERENCED_NAME,1,3) AND REFERENCED_OWNER = 'HSASYS' AND NAME LIKE 'C%') A CONNECT BY PRIOR REFERENCED_NAME = NAME;

Please suggest if this approach is also correct?

Thanks and Regards,
Pratap
Re: Problem with Object Dependencies [message #173973 is a reply to message #173788] Thu, 25 May 2006 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarsz
Hi Mahesh,
Your suggestion has motivated to create procedure like following
however, i have 2 questions regarding this.

FOR X IN(SELECT DECODE(PROCEDURE_NAME,NULL,OBJECT_NAME,PROCEDURE_NAME) NAME FROM
dba_procedures where object_name like 'C%' and oWNer='PRATAPZ')
LOOP
EXECUTE deptree_fill ('PROCEDURE', 'PRATAPZ', X.NAME)

1)How do i know the object type (procedure in above case) in advance since the type of subroutine in package is not reflected in any view.

2)How i will append the data for each iteration of "SELECT * FROM deptree;"

Do i need to use utl_file here?

Please suggest.
Thanks in Advance,
Pratap
Re: Problem with Object Dependencies [message #174182 is a reply to message #173973] Fri, 26 May 2006 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Will give a try.
I am not having any working solution on top of my head.
Regards
Re: Problem with Object Dependencies [message #174196 is a reply to message #173685] Fri, 26 May 2006 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarsz
Hi Mahesh,
Apology here.

i will try the solution you suggested and let you know.

Thanks and Regards,
Pratap
Re: Problem with Object Dependencies [message #174231 is a reply to message #173865] Fri, 26 May 2006 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Meanwhile,your first query works fine.
So, it is to do with your data.
scott@9i > break on name;
scott@9i > 1
  1* select name,text from user_source where name in ('P1','P2','SOMEPROCEDURE') order by name
scott@9i >
scott@9i > /

NAME                                     TEXT
---------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------
P1                                       procedure p1 as
                                         begin
                                         someprocedure;
                                         end;
P2                                       procedure p2 as
                                         begin
                                         p1;
                                         end;
SOMEPROCEDURE                            procedure someprocedure
                                         as
                                         begin
                                         null;
                                         end;

13 rows selected.

scott@9i > get p1
  1  SELECT A.* FROM(select decode(SUBSTR(NAME,3,1),'_',SUBSTR(NAME,1,2),SUBSTR(NAME,1,3)) MODULE,
  2  NAME,TYPE,decode(SUBSTR(referenced_NAME,3,1),'_',SUBSTR(referenced_NAME,1,2),
  3  SUBSTR(referenced_NAME,1,3)) REFERRED_MODULE,
  4  REFERENCED_NAME,REFERENCED_TYPE from user_dependencies where TYPE IN ('PROCEDURE','FUNCTION','PACKAGE BODY','PACKAGE' ) AND
  5  REFERENCED_TYPE IN('PROCEDURE','FUNCTION','PACKAGE BODY','PACKAGE') AND SUBSTR(NAME,1,3) !=
  6* SUBSTR(REFERENCED_NAME,1,3) AND REFERENCED_OWNER = 'SCOTT') A CONNECT BY PRIOR REFERENCED_NAME = NAME
scott@9i > /

MOD NAME                                     TYPE              REF REFERENCED_NAME                REFERENCED_TYPE
--- ---------------------------------------- ----------------- --- ------------------------------ -----------------
P1  P1                                       PROCEDURE         SOM SOMEPROCEDURE                  PROCEDURE
P2  P2                                       PROCEDURE         P1  P1                             PROCEDURE
P1  P1                                       PROCEDURE         SOM SOMEPROCEDURE                  PROCEDURE
Re: Problem with Object Dependencies [message #174241 is a reply to message #173973] Fri, 26 May 2006 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
This is not the best solution.
I still like the idea of tweaking the utldtree.sql and get the results like we want.
That will be much effient code.
But for now, i am just worked my way around without changing any existing code.
You can make this any fancy you like.
--
-- I created a new table (same as deptree view with just one more column).
-- i also create a view called deptree
-- 

scott@9i > desc deptree_shadow
 Name                                Null?    Type
 ----------------------------------- -------- ------------------------
 NESTED_LEVEL                                 NUMBER
 TYPE                                         VARCHAR2(18)
 SCHEMA                                       VARCHAR2(30)
 NAME                                         VARCHAR2(30)
 SEQ#                                         NUMBER
 FOR_OBJECT                                   VARCHAR2(30)

scott@9i > Select view_name,text from user_views where view_name='DEPTREE_VIEW';

VIEW_NAME                      TEXT
------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEPTREE_VIEW                   select "NESTED_LEVEL","TYPE","SCHEMA","NAME","SEQ#" from deptree order by seq#

--
-- This is a simple script, that takes one input (object_type)
-- I execute deptree_fill procedure.
-- and archive the records in deptree view to deptree_shadow table
-- I use deptree_view to presort the data.
-- Do the same for every object in a loop
-- Now Deptree_shadow has the information you want for all objects.
-- You can spool the output/ do whatever you want and remove them later.
--
oracle@mutation#cat get_dependencies
#!/usr/bin/bash
sqlplus -s scott/tiger <<EOF
declare
cursor c1 is select distinct object_name from user_objects where object_type=upper('$1');
begin
dbms_output.enable('1000000');
DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE ('Following $1 were found');
for mag in c1 loop
exit when c1%notfound;
        DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(mag.object_name);
        deptree_fill('$1','SCOTT',mag.object_name);
        insert into deptree_shadow(select NESTED_LEVEl,type,SCHEMA,NAME,SEQ#,mag.object_name  from deptree_view);
end loop;
commit;
end;
/
set linesize 1000;
break on for_object;
select for_object,NESTED_LEVEl,type,SCHEMA,NAME,SEQ# from deptree_shadow order by for_object;
truncate table deptree_shadow;
exit;
EOF

oracle@mutation#get_dependencies procedure
Following procedure were found
ANOTHER_PROCEDURE
DEPTREE_FILL
P1
P2
SOMEPROCEDURE

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

FOR_OBJECT                     NESTED_LEVEL TYPE               SCHEMA                         NAME                                 SEQ#
------------------------------ ------------ ------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ----------
ANOTHER_PROCEDURE                         0 PROCEDURE          SCOTT                          ANOTHER_PROCEDURE                       0
DEPTREE_FILL                              0 PROCEDURE          SCOTT                          DEPTREE_FILL                            0
P1                                        0 PROCEDURE          SCOTT                          P1                                      0
                                          1 PROCEDURE          SCOTT                          P2                                     59
P2                                        0 PROCEDURE          SCOTT                          P2                                      0
SOMEPROCEDURE                             0 PROCEDURE          SCOTT                          SOMEPROCEDURE                           0
                                          1 PROCEDURE          SCOTT                          P1                                     60
                                          2 PROCEDURE          SCOTT                          P2                                     61

8 rows selected.

Table truncated.

oracle@mutation#get_dependencies view
Following view were found
DEPTREE
DEPTREE_VIEW
DVIEW
IDEPTREE

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

FOR_OBJECT                     NESTED_LEVEL TYPE               SCHEMA                         NAME                                 SEQ#
------------------------------ ------------ ------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ----------
DEPTREE                                   0 VIEW               SCOTT                          DEPTREE                                 0
                                          1 VIEW               SCOTT                          IDEPTREE                               62
                                          1 VIEW               SCOTT                          DEPTREE_VIEW                           63
DEPTREE_VIEW                              0 VIEW               SCOTT                          DEPTREE_VIEW                            0
DVIEW                                     0 VIEW               SCOTT                          DVIEW                                   0
IDEPTREE                                  0 VIEW               SCOTT                          IDEPTREE                                0

6 rows selected.

Table truncated.
Re: Problem with Object Dependencies [message #174934 is a reply to message #173685] Wed, 31 May 2006 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kumarsz
Hi Mahesh,
i tried as you have described.
It works!Thanks!

However, is there a way to get (list) all the procedures in a package / package body(although not dependency)?

Thanks and Regards,
Pratap

Re: Problem with Object Dependencies [message #174941 is a reply to message #174934] Wed, 31 May 2006 01:52 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
One simple method is already know is to describe 'em.
scott@9i > desc dbms_output
PROCEDURE DISABLE
PROCEDURE ENABLE
 Argument Name                  Type                    In/Out Default?
 ------------------------------ ----------------------- ------ --------
 BUFFER_SIZE                    NUMBER(38)              IN     DEFAULT
PROCEDURE GET_LINE
 LINE                           VARCHAR2                OUT
 STATUS                         NUMBER(38)              OUT
PROCEDURE GET_LINES
 LINES                          TABLE OF VARCHAR2(255)  OUT
 NUMLINES                       NUMBER(38)              IN/OUT
PROCEDURE NEW_LINE
PROCEDURE PUT
 A                              VARCHAR2                IN
PROCEDURE PUT
 A                              NUMBER                  IN
PROCEDURE PUT_LINE
 A                              VARCHAR2                IN
PROCEDURE PUT_LINE
 A                              NUMBER                  IN
Previous Topic: Oracle Parameter Setting
Next Topic: Urgent Help Needed:Oracle 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 04:42:41 CDT 2024