Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Implementation Process - start to end - How?
Implementation Process - start to end - How? [message #173062] Fri, 19 May 2006 04:13 Go to next message
ramanaji2468
Hi,

I am new to Oracle Apps. I dont have any experience. I am planning to attend interviews. I want to know about the real life implementation process.I want to know the process steps fallowed from start of the project to the end.

I request your kind self to provide information relating to this.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Raji

[Updated on: Fri, 19 May 2006 04:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Implementation Process - start to end - How? [message #173150 is a reply to message #173062] Fri, 19 May 2006 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
ramanaji2468 wrote on Fri, 19 May 2006 10:13

I want to know about the real life implementation process.I want to know the process steps fallowed from start of the project to the end.

Raji,
Have you got a few years to spare? There is only one way to get to know how to use AIM and learn how an implementation is conducted, and that is to get on an implementation project where AIM is being used, stay close to somebody who has been using AIM for a long time on a number of implementations, roll up your shirt sleeves and get on with it. I have been using AIM on a number of different projects for ten years, and I don't think that I have used half of the document templates yet.

I do not think that you will be able to bluff your way past an interviewer who has used AIM, when you have not, so I would recommend that you don't even try. You could try saying something like "I have heard that AIM is a powerful and useful tool and I am really looking forward to learning how to use it." But I would not try to con them into believing that you have the experience they want, when you don't. Trust me, you will be found out.

Sad Sorry, I know that this is not the answer that you wanted to hear.

David.
icon1.gif  Re: Implementation Process - start to end - How? [message #174540 is a reply to message #173150] Mon, 29 May 2006 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raja1976
Hi David,

Could you have Oracle AIM documentations, Please add it in the forum.
Thanks& Regards
Re: Implementation Process - start to end - How? [message #174660 is a reply to message #174540] Tue, 30 May 2006 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
The Application Implementation Methodology (AIM) is owned by Oracle. If you want it you will have to buy it. If your company is an Oracle partner you should be able to download it from the Oracle Partner Network website.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Implementation Process - start to end - How? [message #174680 is a reply to message #174540] Tue, 30 May 2006 05:10 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
raja1976 wrote on Mon, 29 May 2006 14:24

Could you have Oracle AIM documentations, Please add it in the forum.

As Aleksander said, AIM belongs to Oracle Consulting. It is a commercial product. It is not shareware or freeware. There used to be an Oracle ftp site where you could download it, but Oracle have changed that site to redirect you to somewhere else.

Sad Sorry.

David.
Previous Topic: AZN menus
Next Topic: request set stages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 07:37:24 CDT 2024