Home » Other » Marketplace » What things to be done to get oracle Job
What things to be done to get oracle Job [message #171375] Tue, 09 May 2006 10:30 Go to next message
sauami
Hi,

I am saurabh from Delhi i had done my MCA the clear one Oracle Exam i.e. ORA:007(SQL) and study Oracle PL/SQL D2K and little bit DBA Task, for my last 20 to 30 interview i have reply minimum 80 to 90% Ans. of the question only real life practive question which i have feel unable to ans. by any fresher.
In pl/sql i have learn and start work are given below

1. Anonyms Block, working with bind variable
2. Procedure
3. Function
4. Cursor
4. Package
5. Triggers
6. Dynamic sql
8. working with Oracle supplied package
9. overloding concept in pl/sql
10. Nested query concept.
11. Joins
12. View
13. synonyms
14. index
15. Have good concept of using rowid and rownum.

Pls. advise how can i get the oracle jobs.

Thanks,
Saurabh
Re: What things to be done to get oracle Job [message #171380 is a reply to message #171375] Tue, 09 May 2006 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yasir Hashmi
hey subhash,
You tried for 20-30 interviews and not got selected??
Analyze and realize the reason. Did you give all the interviews in Delhi and what was the job requirement??
Thanks and Regards
yasir hashmi
Re: What things to be done to get oracle Job [message #171386 is a reply to message #171380] Tue, 09 May 2006 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sauami
Major reason is people want mostely experience people this is the biggest reason second is i have no reference, third one is how to convey employeer that i have a ability to learn thing quickly. during my practice i have learn lots of thing such if i fired any statement what effect will make changes and other thing., may be i have bad luck.

if you don't mind if you have any idea about people or consultant who looking for support people for oracle.
pls. let me know

Thanks,
Saurabh
Re: What things to be done to get oracle Job [message #171460 is a reply to message #171386] Wed, 10 May 2006 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
sauami wrote on Tue, 09 May 2006 18:49

Major reason is people want mostely experience people this is the biggest reason
And you have been looking for a junior position? You shouldn't apply for senior positions or vacancies where experience is implied but go for entry level jobs. This might not be the most interesting but you have to get your experience from somewhere. And as a junior you shouldn't need too many references. Have you checked job web sites? If I check local websites I can find several starter jobs. Good luck!

MHE
Re: What things to be done to get oracle Job [message #171552 is a reply to message #171386] Wed, 10 May 2006 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
saurabh,

As Maarten said, just go for the junior positions for the first year or two. Also, if they are 'umming and erring', tell them that you are willing to work for minimum wage (or nothing) for first 4 weeks (no longer than 4 weeks - 2 should normally be enough, but offer to do it for 4) at the end of which either they let you go or they pay you the advertised rate from that point onwards.

David
Re: What things to be done to get oracle Job [message #202400 is a reply to message #171460] Thu, 09 November 2006 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sauami
Dear Sir,

Finally i Got a oracle in very good indian software company on pl/sql and forms9i later they switch me on oracle apps.

i have a confidance to do things and have a good learning ability but i have little bit nervous about joining my first development job, how the people react and what to do on my FIRST WORKING day.

looking for your suitable approach.

Thanks,
Saurabh
Re: What things to be done to get oracle Job [message #202448 is a reply to message #202400] Thu, 09 November 2006 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I have been contracting for nearly thirty years, in nearly forty companies (consultancies not counted). I go through exactly this same 'fear' every time I join a new place. Just take the minimum amount of material with you. Don't worry about bringing your books and manuals until later in the first week, or on the first day of the second week. Except for one very unpleasant job I took, I have never been expected to 'perform' on the first day. That is normally taken up with getting your workstation set up, your userid created and authorised correctly (this can take a few days sometimes), making sure that you have access to the necessary test machines, and, if you are lucky, a copy or pointer to the local standard and system documentation.

They MAY supply you with your first change requests but you will NOT be expected to have then finished on your first day. You will be introduced to your team leader and that person will (should) instruct you on how to get into their test machine, etc.

I use a clip board of A4 paper (landscape) which I have ruled into three columns into which I make scratch notes. I date these sheets and keep them for future reference and because I am an 'anal'. At some installations where 'notes' are not to be removed from the facility I just shred them when the contract is finished.

I also have a Word document where for each day I record a description of the work I undertake. I also record any machine specific commands that I needed to use to do the various things. This just gets deleted when I leave but is much easier to search than your written notes.

An finally, I have an A4 diary into which I record my start and end times, plus the approximate time that I did various tasks. Very generic as I take it out of the building each day.

This may all sound like a lot of trouble and I know very few people who do more than the start and end time diary, but I find that having the Word document is great for going back and finding out what command you ran previously on a particular machine and also for when you have to justify the amount of time you may have spent on a particular problem.

David
Re: What things to be done to get oracle Job [message #202576 is a reply to message #202448] Fri, 10 November 2006 07:38 Go to previous message
sauami
Thank for your kind suggestion.

Thanks Sir.

Saurabh
Previous Topic: Singapore - Oracle Corporation - INSTRUCTOR - ORACLE APPLICATION SERVER/ FUSION MIDDLEWARE
Next Topic: Looking for Oracle 11i positions in Canada
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:50:44 CDT 2024