Home » Other » General » initiate or uninitiate??
initiate or uninitiate?? [message #171100] Mon, 08 May 2006 07:05 Go to next message
Yasir Hashmi
hi all,
I am just a fresher in the field of IT. My interest lies in becoming a DBA for which i am pursuing OCP. But there are no DBA jobs for fresher. I have recently joined a company which is making me to work on CRMsystems like Clarify. But i have no idea about what is CRM and what is Clarify. I want to know whether pursuing this job would initiate or uninitiate my purpose of becoming a DBA.

Thanks and Regards
Yasir hashmi
Re: initiate or uninitiate?? [message #171101 is a reply to message #171100] Mon, 08 May 2006 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
ask THEM!
There you are, considering to be employed by this company, but you can't even ask them in which direction your career will go if you join them?
This is your future you are talking about, ask them, they will most likely appreciate the fact you have a plan about your future career.

And about CRM systems or Clarify: I found this really cool link for you.
Re: initiate or uninitiate?? [message #171105 is a reply to message #171100] Mon, 08 May 2006 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yasir Hashmi
Thanks for your advice Frank. I surely do that. But i just wanted to know the opinions of the experts of the "http://www.orafaq.com"

Thanks and Regards
Yasir hashmi
Re: initiate or uninitiate?? [message #171169 is a reply to message #171100] Mon, 08 May 2006 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If someone offers you a 'beginners' position, grab it with both hands and hang on!! Get the most out of the job!! LEARN, learn, ask!! Hey, you might find that earning $2,000 a day as a CRM installation and configuration expert is nicer than $3,000 per month as a DBA. Also, CRM people usually get to meet people where DBAs live in a 'box' and are thrown pizza and 'cola' to keep them happy.

Take it, learn, GROW, move on.

David
Re: initiate or uninitiate?? [message #171178 is a reply to message #171169] Mon, 08 May 2006 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
DJMartin wrote:
>> DBAs live in a 'box' and are thrown pizza and 'cola' to keep them happy.
Goodness gracious!!. Someone must be sneaking on my back. Smile
David, that is very true Laughing
Only that i prefer some hops in my 'cola'. More hoppy, I am happy.
Too many weekends / nights spent in dark rooms with dark consoles. All traded in for the pie and a growler Razz

@OP
Atleast you got an entry. Look at the folks around who are desperately trying to get a break~!. As David beautifully put
Take it, learn, GROW, move on.
Re: initiate or uninitiate?? [message #171286 is a reply to message #171100] Tue, 09 May 2006 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yasir Hashmi
Thanks for all your wonderful inspirational quotes.

Yasir hashmi
Re: initiate or uninitiate?? [message #171569 is a reply to message #171286] Wed, 10 May 2006 07:20 Go to previous message
tarundua

@OP
I agree with Mahesh, getting an entry in the market is really tough now so stay happy and learn whatever comes your way.

And i feel we (our team) are lucky because we are getting parties almost every weekend , another management trick to keep DBAs intact with the company.
Previous Topic: Embedded SQL in C- run by Job - problems
Next Topic: Project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:58:14 CDT 2024