Home » Other » General » Embedded SQL in C- run by Job - problems
Embedded SQL in C- run by Job - problems [message #170644] Thu, 04 May 2006 10:38 Go to next message
SaraC
Ok will try and explain best I can - sorry if this is not the right forum/section.

I have a proC program that has embedded SQL to retrieve data from an oracle database.

The query is run by a C batch process - picks up "jobs" from our Oracle Job table. when we run the query via the job once i.e. an individual job it works retrieves the data fine. But when we try to make the job repeating - the query doesn't run - it could have something to do with locking the table - but not sure and dont know much about locks. Repeating jobs place another waiting job into the table automatically so it keeps repeating...

runs fine until the Embedded FETCH statment then stops dead no oracle errors or c errors
Any ideas appreciated - been looking at this for days - or even suggestion on other places /forums to post that might help.

Thanks
Re: Embedded SQL in C- run by Job - problems [message #170663 is a reply to message #170644] Thu, 04 May 2006 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
This is all quite vague. Could you provide some relevant code-snippets, debug-trails or otherwise show us what it it you are doing?
Your post is more on a 'managers level', whereas we are all techies Smile
Re: Embedded SQL in C- run by Job - problems [message #170695 is a reply to message #170644] Thu, 04 May 2006 18:15 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
How are you 'kicking off' your job? Does it submit itself? Are you using Cron? Oracle has 'dbms_job' which is platform independant and runs 'SQL*Plus only' jobs quite easily.

David
Previous Topic: HOW TO INSTALL D2K ON SINGLE PC ON WIN-98
Next Topic: initiate or uninitiate??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 10:45:07 CDT 2024