Home » Other » General » Dissertation Topic
Dissertation Topic [message #164009] Tue, 21 March 2006 04:58 Go to next message
craiga84
Dear all,

I am currently completing my Honours year studying a part time degree.

For a dissertation, I would like to explore the wider views of database encryption within Oracle databases.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to what I may find relevant when looking into this area.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Dissertation Topic [message #164022 is a reply to message #164009] Tue, 21 March 2006 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Well, I'm probably kicking in an open door but the initial source should be the Oracle documentation. Go to http://tahiti.oracle.com and select Oracle 10g Release 2 (as it is the most recent one) and click on the "administration" tab. There's a list of books concerning security. 10gR2 even has "transparent data encryption".

MHE
Re: Dissertation Topic [message #164032 is a reply to message #164022] Tue, 21 March 2006 07:10 Go to previous message
craiga84
Thanks for getting back to me.

I have already had a look at the Oracle documentation.

I am looking for pointers on what I should really be looking at to include in my dissertation. I also have to implement something for the dissertation and would welcome any suggestions on what I could do, and in an ideal world there would be a justification for this implementation.

Once again, thanks
Previous Topic: how to run any sql script from the shell prompt without going to SQLPLUS.
Next Topic: Database design tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:17:39 CDT 2024