Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Oracle 10G Release 2 on Solaris
Oracle 10G Release 2 on Solaris [message #161293] Fri, 03 March 2006 02:13 Go to next message
AlinaC

Hi,

I have to install Oracle 10G Release 2 on Solaris platform. Can any one refer any documentation on install Oracle 10G Release 2 on Solaris platform or any URL or any book from which I'll get the complete guidance on the topic?

Thanks,

Alina

Re: Oracle 10G Release 2 on Solaris [message #161334 is a reply to message #161293] Fri, 03 March 2006 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
You need to read the Oracle Installations Guide for Solaris - http://www.orafaq.com/faq/where_is_the_oracle_documentation
Re: Oracle 10G Release 2 on Solaris [message #163927 is a reply to message #161293] Mon, 20 March 2006 18:14 Go to previous message
nmacdannald
It is not too hard.
Create a group named dba. Create a user, put the user in that group. Use that user when doing the install. Set system parameters in the system file, reboot the system.

Log in as the created user. vi the .profile, name the ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_SID, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH.

Install while logged in as the created user. Go to $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin. vi the tnsnames.ora listener.ora files so that they have the correct service names in them.

run
dbca - to help you create a databse.

run
netca - to help you create the listener and network.

run
emca - to help you create the enterprise manager.

Start the database.
Start the listener.
Do some other stuff I forgot. I usually do one in about two hours.
Neil.
Previous Topic: ri and partition
Next Topic: Helper Utility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:06:14 CDT 2024