Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Port Listener for Oracle
Port Listener for Oracle [message #16419] Fri, 26 November 2004 22:00 Go to next message
Rishi
How can I know that on which port no Oracle is Listening for connection to Database and what is the avaliable instance name for that Oracle Database keeping in mind that I do not have access to Oracle Server as such .... I just have a client which is physically connected to Oracle Server on the Network.....

Regards
Rishi
Re: Port Listener for Oracle [message #16430 is a reply to message #16419] Sun, 28 November 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Check for the database definition in the client's
TNSNAMES.ORA file (in the %ORACLE_HOME%networkadmin
directory).

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Port Listener for Oracle [message #16462 is a reply to message #16430] Mon, 29 November 2004 19:02 Go to previous message
Rishi
Dear Frank,

Thanks for ur reply But actually I was looking for something else.

C let us say that I do not have a client loaded on my lan and further more I have more than one instance of Oracle Server running on the lan itself.

Now as I do not have a client oracle package loaded on one of the users on lan thus I cannot look into tnsnames.ora file for details so from here I wanna detect all the Oracle Instances running on my lan to which I can connect through along with the port number on which Oracle is listening the request.

Ofcource I got it from the .ora file that Oracle Listen on 1521 port by default but If I have more than one Instance on same Lan then will this port number be same or not for both the instances???

Regards
Rishi
Previous Topic: Auto DB Start in Sun Solaris
Next Topic: Connection problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:44:01 CDT 2024