Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Fix Oracle Errors On Linux Documentation For Sale
Fix Oracle Errors On Linux Documentation For Sale [message #98803] Thu, 06 February 2003 10:09 Go to next message
Hanabal T. Khaing
Hello:) I have an article for sale that shows how to fix the installation errors for oracle 8i, oracle 9i, and oracle 9i iAS on Linux. These fixes have been tested on red hat 7.2, Red Hat 8.0, Mandrake 9.0, and Mandrake 8.x.
Error List:
Super expansion of table spaces on data inserts.
ins_sqlplus.mk linking error
ins_precomp.mk linking error
ins_ctx.mk linking error
ins_plsql.mk linking error
ins_net_client.mk linking error
ins_otrace.mk linking error
ins_calypso.mk linking error
ins_ldap.mk linking error
ins_oemagent.mk linking error
ins_net_server.mk linking error
ins_rdbms.mk linking error
error loading libnjni9.so
RDBMS Bundle Patch Failure
Net Configuration Assistant Failure NetGetEnv.java
Database creation failure at 44%
rdbms/lib/dbv Error 1
cannot find -lclntsh

Re: Fix Oracle Errors On Linux Documentation For Sale [message #99174 is a reply to message #98803] Mon, 13 September 2004 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P Prasad
I am facing problem in installing Oracle 8.1.6 on
Linux Redhat 9.
The errors Iam stuck with are
1) Linking ins_net_server.mk,ins_oemagent.mk & ins_odg.mk
2) lsnrctl file is missing from $ORACLE_HOME/bin

Can you help in solving the above problem.

Pashupati Prasad
------------------
Re: Fix Oracle Errors On Linux Documentation For Sale [message #152233 is a reply to message #99174] Wed, 21 December 2005 15:51 Go to previous message
Hanabal T. Khaing
Try installing the compat libs RPMs, setting the ASSUME_KERNEL variable, and using -native with java commands (may have edit oracle scripts) and check the kernel parameters for shared memory, etc. The largest problem with Oracle on Linux is that Oracle is developed with older versions of Linux and Linux libraries. By the time a new Oracle release comes out, there have been two or three versions of Linux released. Installing compatlibs will always help if not solve all problems. Otherwise you will have to switch to the server versions of Linux, which have older library versions. SuSe Linux 8.1 is the best for any oracle version, SuSe 9.2 takes a little work to get configured, but it is also good. SuSe linux has an oracle preinstallation package that preps the system for linux, including kernel modifications. RedHat Advanced Server 3.0 is fine, but there are quite a few things to fix to get it to work with Oracle.

Turbo Linux Server, and United Linux are also good with Oracle.

I have a new DVD & an eBook that shows exactly how to fix all of these problems with Oracle on Linux and they show a complete successful installation from system preinstallation to finish. The preinstallation proceedures solve 99.997% of the problems. It should appear at Barnes and Noble in a few months, and it's on Ebay now. Look for Linux Oracle Training DVD.

My Resume ==> http://www.hanabalkhaing.comwww.hanabalkhaing.com

[Updated on: Wed, 21 December 2005 15:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Problems with advanced queuing
Next Topic: Is Oracle Database Free for Linux?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 04:21:09 CDT 2024