Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Implementation schedule
Implementation schedule [message #152346] Thu, 22 December 2005 12:00 Go to next message
emarkowitz
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I read Byrom's whitepaper on Oracle AIM, read 11i Concepts but still have a question. Can anyone suggest, or direct me to a list or link that would help me understand the best practice module grouping, or order or sequence that an enterprise Oracle E-Business Suite implementation might best follow.

We have selected 11i for our ERP Logistics backbone, and while we will be replacing a dozen general stovepipe areas with horizontal process approaches somewhat simultaneously, is there an order that makes sense? While 25 years of SAP has taught me each implementation has its own quirks, my experience with SAP has also strongly favored starting with Financials, followed by Materials, followed by Plant maintenance, etc. Is there a similar "preferred" approach with Oracle?

Many thanks for any direction or references.
Re: Implementation schedule [message #152438 is a reply to message #152346] Fri, 23 December 2005 03:02 Go to previous message
dushyant
Hi

There are various Industry Best Practices as per Oracle 11i Implementations.

The Standard Approach is ofcourse
Application Implementation Method(AIM), which is nothing but the experience of oracle consulting (quite similar to sap consulting division)

GE for e.g has its own Methodology known as
Project Management Methodology(PMM)for all its IT Implementations
,which is a proprietary GE Framework.

So also all the leading IT Consulting Firms like IBM, Delloitte,PWC,Accenture etc doesnt like to follow others and devised their own set of processes and practices for doing their own implementations whether its SAP, or Oracle.

Now coming to your specifics
It is a " sine quo non" that everybody has to implement these module specifcs in order to have easy flow.

That is
1.HRMS
2.Financials
3.SCM/Manufacturing
4.CRM

Regards
Dushyant
Previous Topic: oracle apps finance
Next Topic: Form Personalization in 11.5.10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 10:03:06 CDT 2024