Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » I am frustrated, I need help please!
I am frustrated, I need help please! [message #151898] Mon, 19 December 2005 13:08 Go to next message
Nmasweet
Hello,

I want a change in career and I want to switch to Oracle Financial but don't know where to start.

Can any one help and guide me through, with the process?

I have made so much research but has not found any where in Washington DC metropolitan area. I went to Oracle and they are charging $5000 for overview of 5days. Don't make sense

Please any help is appreciated to help my frustration of how where I can find information of getting a training on Oracle financial

Thanks

What is the difference and which is the best Oracle or SAP?

Re: I am frustrated, I need help please! [message #151904 is a reply to message #151898] Mon, 19 December 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ksribhas
Hi,

My feelings are with you.
Can you please send me a personal mail at sekhar_zenith@yahoo.com giving your details so that I can try to give suggestions from my side.

cheer up,

Kuls

Re: I am frustrated, I need help please! [message #152522 is a reply to message #151898] Fri, 23 December 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
altasen.com
Hi,

best and almost free is this:
1) Buy a heavy PC, with 3GB internal Memory
2) Go to edelivery.oracle.com
3) Download the eBusiness-Suite
4) Install it on your PC (on Linux is Best)
5) Play around, and start with System Administrator

HTH
Roel Hogendoorn
More help on Oracle Apps in our free Knowledge Base on:
http://www.altasen.com

[Updated on: Fri, 23 December 2005 11:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I am frustrated, I need help please! [message #152923 is a reply to message #151898] Tue, 27 December 2005 22:49 Go to previous message
Sutheesh T
Hi,
Glad to know about your interest in Oracle. Oracle Financials is a very hot subject and could get you very good jobs in US and other places also.

There is a 2 days training that Oracle provides that one needs to attend to get certified as an Oracle Financials functional consultant.

Oracle Financials - Frequently Asked Questions:

Q What is the eligibility for doing the course?
Functional : MBA(Finance)/CAs/ICWAs/ Accounting professionals with 2 years of post qualification experience of people working
or
Technical :BE (Computer Science)/MCA/ Any software diploma with a minimum of 1-1/2 years of software development experience. Exposure to Oracle with Developer/2000 would be preferable.

Q. What are the prerequisites for doing the course?
A. Knowledge of concepts of accounting/finance

Q. Is IT/ Computer background essential for doing the course?
A. While undergoing the course this may not be a prerequisite. But the prospective employer would expect his ERP Consultant to have some computer background, and they look for people with techno-commercial skills . One can convince if the person has some basic knowlege of Oracle RDBMS concepts and Developer. However, thorough knowledge of the programming concepts are not required.

Career Prospects:

Q. What would be my future prospects after doing the course?
A. The current trend for the large enterprise is to buy a solution for their operations rather than computerise because it would take time and effort in developing solution. ERP solution would not only ensure that the solution is up and running in very little time and less effort spent in implementing, but also tightly intergrate all related areas like Finance, Inventory, Purchasing, Production & Planning etc. Currently, there are over 5000 sites, world-wide where Oracle ERP solutions are implemented , which has opened large job base for functional experts.

Q. What kind of job will I get after undergoing the course?
A. Functional consultant, Implementation Consultant, System Maintenance, Sales, Users, trainers etc.

Q. Kinds of Organisations where one could be employed
A. Consulting Organisations, ERP User organisations, Implementation organisations and Vendor organisations. Also cross-ERP employment are very common. A lot of our alumni are today working on other ERP's like SAP, Baan, Peoplesoft etc.. after going through an Oracle course.

Deliverables of the course:

Q. What are the course deliverables?
A. Course material developed by World-wide Education, Instructor, One Terminal for two participants, Certificate of Recognition.

Q. Is 20 days enough?
A. Oracle offers a similar packaging across the 140 countries it operates. The objective of the course is not to make you an expert and no education can you help achieve, no matter what career it is. These 20 days would be sufficient for you to start a career in ERP. Thereafter, your progress depends on the niche areas that you select and excel.

Oracle Certification:
Certificate of Recognition for Oracle Application Implementation Financials( Rel 11i) would be given to participants only after successful completion of the course.

You can get back to me for more details on Oracle Training and certification. Also for 5000 US $ you can finish 20 dyas training and stay in India.

REgards
Sutheesh t
+91-9880662638
sutheesh_22@yahoo.com
Previous Topic: Oracle Applications Technical/Functional
Next Topic: lead times in production rule in OPM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 10:01:32 CDT 2024