Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Connection with Oracle
Connection with Oracle [message #151630] Thu, 15 December 2005 22:54 Go to next message
Bisaria_Nitin
Hi all,

If i have to create table at run time of
installation of any application or starting setup then
i have to create connection with oracle and that
database at runtime or through coding.how to
create this if u know plz. tell me

nitin
Re: Connection with Oracle [message #151634 is a reply to message #151630] Thu, 15 December 2005 23:38 Go to previous message
ramsat
i understood in this way. ur application (say VB program ) uses certain tables which are inside the application for some purpose.
Now as soon as u complete ur installation or after successful installation the application should start running using the available tables.

Ok, yes u can do this. u create a batch file inside which u must include connection parameter for Oracle (through console Mode).
After that the user u try to connect should be a valid user having the privilege of creating tables. write the table creation statement after that.
Once after finishing the table creation come out of oracle and now call the (VB) application setup program.

Now what it does is once u run the batch file it will first establish connection with oracle, create tables,comes out of oracle and installs the application.
So, now u can start using the application after get it installed.

Ramesh
Previous Topic: Listener failed to start
Next Topic: delete instance name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:09:35 CDT 2024