Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Listener failed to start
icon14.gif  Listener failed to start [message #151463] Wed, 14 December 2005 23:26 Go to next message
rc_ashish
Dear All,

Whenever i am tried to connect database then it gives me error like ora-12500 TNS:Listener failed to start a dedicated server process even i have increase the paging memmory of windows operating system to initial size 800 and max size 1600 from intial 384 and Max. 768 , sort_area_size and shared_pool_size.

and i am using oracle 8i.
And My server configuration as follows,
Product: xSeries 232

Operating system: Windows 2000 Server

Configuration: 2x PIII 1.26GHz (512KB), 1GB ECC SDRAM (2x 512MB PC133 ECC SDRAM), 4x 18.2GB SCSI HDD, 48X CD-ROM, Dual Ultra160 SCSI, ServeRAID 4Lx, 10/100 Ethernet, PCI, Remote Supervisor adapter, Windows NT Terminal Server, Tower (5x8), LE Direct

I expected i should get reply from you as early as possible.

I am waiting for your reply..

Thanx in Advance..

Ashish

[Updated on: Wed, 14 December 2005 23:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Listener failed to start [message #151469 is a reply to message #151463] Wed, 14 December 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramsat
I understood ur problem. I could nt diagnose the problem exactly.bUt try out with the following changes

1) Try to create the listener.ora file for the same instance again using the Net configuration Assistant
2) In the listener file check whether the host name is given correctly.
There are chances where the system u r using may have the same name but the ip may be changed due to DHCP
3) Or i believe u have a duplicate copy of the listener file else where in the system u r using. if so delete / shift to some unknown area where Oracle do not pay its intelligence.
4) The above point is i believe u are strucked with
5) or else generate a log file when the listener file gets started. The following can be done in that case
if the listener is running stop it first( this happen sometimes - type the services.msc at run command
check the listener for restart if not successful stop it
If u have the duplicate listener then replace it in the location say "E:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\listener.ora"
if u dont have any duplicate then i will give u my listener file change it according to ur situation(instance name,host name and port number)...........

# listener.ora Network Configuration File:
# c:\oracle\ORA92\network\admin\listener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SID_LIST_Your_Listener_Name =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\oracle\ora92) -Your Oracle path
(PROGRAM = extproc)
)
(SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = Your_Datbase_name)
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\oracle\ora92) - -Your Oracle path
(SID_NAME = Your_Instance_name)
)
)

Your_Listener_name=
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC))
)
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = Your_Machine_Name)(PORT = 1521)) ---- > Your Port Number
)
)
)

If u find any more dificulty mail to the following ramesh_g@kappsoft.com, since i am a passive vistor to the site
Re: Listener failed to start [message #151520 is a reply to message #151469] Thu, 15 December 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rc_ashish
Dear,

Configuration of listener is ok

still problem is there

Help me........

Ashish
Re: Listener failed to start [message #151528 is a reply to message #151520] Thu, 15 December 2005 06:39 Go to previous message
ramsat
send me ur listener file to my mail address above mentioned, Quick!
Previous Topic: setup oracle server.
Next Topic: Connection with Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:40:35 CDT 2024