Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Oracle forms customization
Oracle forms customization [message #147773] Mon, 21 November 2005 00:08 Go to next message
AndreaDRich
Can i hide or make a filed readonly for a particular responsibility? if so how can i do it.for example i donot want payables user to change bank details.may be its bank address or city or etc.
Thanks,
Andrea.
Re: Oracle forms customization [message #147850 is a reply to message #147773] Mon, 21 November 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Andrea,

You can do this either by using forms personalisations or by using the CUSTOM Library. Forms personalisations is a technology that is available by default from 11.5.10, and from 11.5.7 by applying some patches.

What you do is define a new function for the form you want to customise and use this new function in the menu for the responsibility in question.

Then you use either of the two methods mentioned above to alter the item attributes of the items in question to non-alterable. I suggest you take a look at the Applications Developer's Guide (available for download from OTN) for details on how to use the CUSTOM Library and forms personalisations and on what item attribute to alter.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Oracle forms customization [message #147910 is a reply to message #147850] Mon, 21 November 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
altasen.com
Hi,

in 11.5.10 you should probably use the Forms Personalize for this. Works nice.

HTH,

Roel Hogendoorn
More info in the free Knowledge Base on:
http://www.altasen.com
Re: Oracle forms customization [message #147966 is a reply to message #147910] Mon, 21 November 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndreaDRich
Thank you Aleksander and Roel for your responses. Appreciate it. We are on 11.5.9 and client wants to know if we can do it without customizing the custom.pll.i can I make the bank name and number grayed out for a responsibility. Even the tab bank account in supplier window can be displayed off.My approach is creating a new menu and exclude the bank account tab. but I could not find what is the submenu name or the function name. Can you please help?

Thanks,
Andrea.

Re: Oracle forms customization [message #149419 is a reply to message #147966] Thu, 01 December 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
altasen.com
Hi Andrea,

sorry, you can use:
- or Custom.pll
- or Forms Personalization (if you have 11.5.10)
- (or you can modify the whole screen in Forms-Builder, I would not recommend that for such a small change).

HTH,
Roel Hogendoorn
More info on Tech Apps and Tech Oracle in the Knowledge Base on:
http://www.altasen.com
Re: Oracle forms customization [message #149783 is a reply to message #149419] Sun, 04 December 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndreaDRich
Thank you for the response Roel. Presently i would choose custom.pll

-Andrea
Re: Oracle forms customization [message #173583 is a reply to message #147773] Tue, 23 May 2006 04:41 Go to previous message
vijaysjhala
You can use Form personalization as well as achieve same using custom.pll.
rgds,
vj
Previous Topic: How ra_customer_trx_all linked with ra_customers
Next Topic: Can we attach Bar code Reader to input Items?plz tell me
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 06:49:58 CDT 2024