Home » Other » General » Need to talk to Oracle DBA
Need to talk to Oracle DBA [message #143860] Sun, 23 October 2005 10:34 Go to next message
mickper
I need answers to some questions from an Oracle DBA in order to obtain assistance from the government for my Oracle DBA training. if you would be willing to talk to me over the phone for 10-15 minutes and tell me about your job duties and training, please email me or let me know on the forum. Thanks.
Re: Need to talk to Oracle DBA [message #143912 is a reply to message #143860] Mon, 24 October 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

Just post all your questions here i.e. on the forum and soon you will get answers for them.

Re: Need to talk to Oracle DBA [message #144018 is a reply to message #143912] Mon, 24 October 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mickper
Here are the questions and information I need to complete my application:

Company you work for?
Name?
Address?
City/State/Zip?
Job Title?
Telephone #?
# of years worked as an Oracle DBA?

1) What kind of training or degree is reequired for someone to begin working as an Oracle DBA?
2) Describe the duties and tasks of a person employed as an Oracle DBA?
3) Please provide additional information on potential employment in this area.

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

Re: Need to talk to Oracle DBA [message #144428 is a reply to message #144018] Wed, 26 October 2005 07:32 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Do you need the social security information too?
Why would anyone disclose all those personal information?
These are Legitimate 'survey' questions. Not the above.
1) What kind of training or degree is reequired for someone to begin working as an Oracle DBA?
2) Describe the duties and tasks of a person employed as an Oracle DBA?
3) Please provide additional information on potential employment in this area.

1) Ofcourse Oracle database Exposure, some OS adminstrative know-how,sql/scripting , oracle administration/backup/tuning skill etc. A BS / Associate degree would be preferably minimal.
2) Varies from site to site. May be production DBA or development DBA or both or half-dba-half-developer or anything or just an <a href=www.angrydba.com>Angrydba</a>.
Please google and find yourself.
Previous Topic: Guide Me!!!
Next Topic: Oracle Licencing for test box.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:51:09 CDT 2024