Home » Other » General » ORA-01013 user requested cancel Error
ORA-01013 user requested cancel Error [message #143022] Tue, 18 October 2005 15:16 Go to next message
EvaBug
I have 2 tables in access which I have linked from a data warehouse. If I run each table on its own the data from the table is displayed in a couple of seconds.

If I create a query, join the two tables together and run it, I get this error: ORA-01013 user requested cancel of current operation (#1013).

I have even taken a database connection which I know works fine, taken out all the linked tables and queries and added my 2 tables and query. When I try to run my query again and it still doesn't work. I get the same error.

A co-worker of mine has also done this test on his box and it works fine for him. The two tables, when joined in a query and run, work fine. My ODBC connection is the same as his.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks.
Eva
Re: ORA-01013 user requested cancel Error [message #143194 is a reply to message #143022] Wed, 19 October 2005 07:40 Go to previous message
EvaBug
I solved my own problem!

I was getting the ORA-01013 error because too many records were coming back. I have heard that there is a setting in Access that limits how many records it brings back. I am not sure of where it is yet but I will post it once i find out in case anyone else has this problem.

Thanks,
Eva
Previous Topic: Oeacle9i Server -- Development Licencing
Next Topic: Oracle 8.1.7 JDBC Thin Driver with Oracle 10g db
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:31:00 CDT 2024