Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Oracle 10G No Listener Problem in Linux when machine gets restarted
Oracle 10G No Listener Problem in Linux when machine gets restarted [message #138814] Sat, 24 September 2005 00:57 Go to next message
r_krishnan
Dear All,

I have installed oracle10g in Linux machine and created a database. When I try to connect the database it shows “No Listener” Error message so that I have configured database with listener using Net Manager and Net Configuration Assistant. Therefore database is connected successfully. When I have restarted the database server machine, and try to connect the database it shows “No Listener” Error message again. I don’t know why? Help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

FYI: I have created the database as “Dedicated Server mode”.

Thanks in advance
Krishnan
Re: Oracle 10G No Listener Problem in Linux when machine gets restarted [message #138966 is a reply to message #138814] Mon, 26 September 2005 01:33 Go to previous message
tarundua

Check the status of the listener , i hope it is down.

$lsnrctl status 

This command should display , no listener in your case. Use the following command to start the listener

$lsnrctl start 

But to overcome the burden of starting it everytime you restart your server , make an entry in the startup file for it.

You can get it in the installation docs.

regards,
tarun

Previous Topic: Installing Forms6i on Linux
Next Topic: Migrating Oracle11i from WindowsNT to Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:02:18 CDT 2024