Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Data Guard License
Data Guard License [message #138386] Wed, 21 September 2005 11:19 Go to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

I am posting it again, please respond me on this.

I am very new to DataGuard and I want to configure a standby database for my client without dataguard. I want to know that if I use the SQL*Net and LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n parameter to transfer the logs (Log transport Service) to remote site and FAL service, so whether I am using dataguard or not. Means I am not going to configure DataGuard broker and DMON process but I am little confused that while using all that I am not going to violate the license agreement.

Please update me that what all I can do to create to standby database in oracle 9i without using dataguard.

Thanks
Daljit Singh
Re: Data Guard License [message #138402 is a reply to message #138386] Wed, 21 September 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Not sure. However, if you are running Oracle Enterprise Edition (EE), you are already licensed to use Data Guard and can just continue to us it.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Data Guard License [message #140620 is a reply to message #138402] Wed, 05 October 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

Hi Frank,

I have a confusion, yesterday started reading Oracle data guard docs and there it seems that standby database concept comes under DATA GUARD and Data Guard Broker is a tool to configure Data Guard . And we can configure standby database manually also without using Data Guard Broker.

Is my interpretation correct ? Can you throw some light on it?

thanks & regards,
tarun
Re: Data Guard License [message #140624 is a reply to message #140620] Wed, 05 October 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Yes, you are correct. The Data Guard Broker is optional. If you don't need it, you don't have to configure it.

Best regards.

Framk
Re: Data Guard License [message #140628 is a reply to message #140624] Wed, 05 October 2005 00:35 Go to previous message
tarundua

Thanks a lot for clearing the doubts.

thanks & regards,
tarun
Previous Topic: LOGICAL OR PHYSICAL STANDY DATABASE
Next Topic: standby database consistency (expert)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:50:51 CDT 2024