Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » ORA-12541:TNS: no listener When connecting to Server in another city
ORA-12541:TNS: no listener When connecting to Server in another city [message #137116] Tue, 13 September 2005 06:21 Go to next message
genialsenthil
Hi,
I have configured Oracle 9i service in static Ip. My oracle server is in one city and static Ip is activated for that system. I have configured sucessfully local IP Net configuration. I need to configure it in Some other city thru internet. I have installed Oracle 9i in those machine. I have configured the Net Configuration and also Listener Configuration. I can able to ping the sid from dos prompt using "tnsping Databasename". I am not able to connect with database using Net configuration and as well as sqlplus. When i am attempting to connect to the database the "ORA-12541:TNS: no listener" error occurs in 'Net Configuration' as well as in 'SqlPlus'. My listener configuration and Net configuration is as follows....

# TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: d:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

UDIDB =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 202.11.74.74)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = Extremedb)
)
)

# LISTENER.ORA Network Configuration File: d:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\listener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = system7)(PORT = 1521))
)
)
)

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = Extremedb)
(ORACLE_HOME = d:\oracle\ora92)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
)
(SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = Extremedb)
(SID_NAME = Extremedb)
)
)

Pls help me how to resolve this . I thank you in advance. Let me know solution as quick as possible...
Regards
Senthil Kumar
Re: ORA-12541:TNS: no listener When connecting to Server in another city [message #137133 is a reply to message #137116] Tue, 13 September 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
You need to configure and start a listener on the remote server, not your local machine.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: ORA-12541:TNS: no listener When connecting to Server in another city [message #137170 is a reply to message #137133] Tue, 13 September 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
genialsenthil
Hi Frank,
Thankz for your quick reply. I have configured the listener in Server and also started the listener. Everything is fine with Server. But same error occurs in client configuration. Pls let me know how to overcome this situation. Let me know what is the procedure to follow up. I am in client side installation could you please assist me..

With Advanced Thanks and Reagrds,
Senthil Kumar

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2005 09:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ORA-12541:TNS: no listener When connecting to Server in another city [message #139821 is a reply to message #137170] Thu, 29 September 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
valagarr
I guess u r missing SQLNET.ORA file in admin folder.

create a file (SQLNET.ORA) and enter the info below in the file.

NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = ur domain

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NONE)

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME)

Re: ORA-12541:TNS: no listener When connecting to Server in another city [message #139888 is a reply to message #139821] Fri, 30 September 2005 00:17 Go to previous message
tarundua

hi senthil ,

Can you post the listener.ora file at the Server and tnsnames.ora file at the Client.

regards,
tarun
Previous Topic: windows xp firewall - oracle connectivity
Next Topic: ORA 2049 error on Oracle 9i2 Solaris 9
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:31:37 CDT 2024