Home » Server Options » Replication » Replication between Oracle and DB2 running on different Servers
Replication between Oracle and DB2 running on different Servers [message #136645] Fri, 09 September 2005 05:08 Go to next message
serendipity1980
Hi!

I want the help in a scenario where I have to replicate data, tables from Oracle10g to DB2. But the problem is that both Oracle and DB2 are lying on different servers. I am trying to replicate data manually using triggers and stored procedures. But I don’t know how to make the connection between the two separate dbms. I mean how to establish connection between Oracle and DB2, which is where we have to mention the Destination server's IP and DB details?

Please help me regarding this or tell me some links where I can get information.

Thanks and Regards,

Prashant Murarka

Re: Replication between Oracle and DB2 running on different Servers [message #136843 is a reply to message #136645] Sun, 11 September 2005 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Research whether you can do a DBLINK from the Oracle to the DB2 database. This will require an entry in the tnsnames.ora

Hopefully, someone else will have a better answer for you.

David
Re: Replication between Oracle and DB2 running on different Servers [message #136863 is a reply to message #136843] Sun, 11 September 2005 22:55 Go to previous message
serendipity1980
Thanks David,

I will certainly try to do that. Any other suggestions will be more than welcomed.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Prashant
Previous Topic: urgent!!! please advice !!! materialized view & user defined data types
Next Topic: database replication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:24:05 CDT 2024