Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » apps architecture doubt
apps architecture doubt [message #135014] Mon, 29 August 2005 08:16 Go to next message
ravibangalore2002
i have small confusion in oracle architecture ,
1. there r 3 tiers
forms server exists in middle tier , my question is whether the forms are converted into applet and send to desktop tier,if so which will convert the .fmx into .class file (or)
.fmx directly send to desktop tier.
but i read that .class files send to desktop.
any one can suggest me ,

Re: apps architecture doubt [message #138260 is a reply to message #135014] Wed, 21 September 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arizuddin
Hi

All the executable files of forms .fmx are run directly with help of Oracle JInitiator Active X component which enables the forms executable into web based pages.

hope you understand.

bye Cool
Re: apps architecture doubt [message #139551 is a reply to message #135014] Wed, 28 September 2005 11:13 Go to previous message
AnalystParth
Ravi,
Let me explain the same in short simple sentences

1. Forms dont get converted into any applets. Forms remain at the fmx executables in the middle tier. (Fmb is the uncompiled format in which they are shipped)
2. The applet architecture used by oracle apps forms interface is not a truly thin client. Its thick, in that you have to download jar files locally which will help create the interface.
3. .fmx isnt converted into .class and .class isnt shipped to desktop. .fmx remains in the middle tier, jar files (containing classes and a host of interface related information) are sent to the pc and its through these local jar files that the .fmx is seen by the user on his pc.

Let me know if you need further clarification.
Cheers..
cherio.
Parth
Previous Topic: Invoice with Amount Based Purchase Order
Next Topic: Cant Find function security menu report in 11.5.10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 06:46:07 CDT 2024