Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Forms Personalization
icon9.gif  Forms Personalization [message #130973] Wed, 03 August 2005 11:47 Go to next message
tarun444
Hi Everyone,
I am currently working on Oracle E-Bussiness Suite manufacturing modules. My task is to customize a standard Oracle form and add a new menu item. when the user selects this new menu item a pl/sql code has to be executed taking the values from the form as parameters. I came across a technical white paper on Forms Personalization in this website(ORAFAQ)its an excellent piece of work done Ramakrishna . In his example he is actually calling a different form(function). In my work i actually need to call a database serverside package. Is it possible for me to call the database package.procedure and pass the parameter values from the form and execute it? I am a bit confused over here whether we can actually call the procedure from the Forms personalization mechanism or I have to use the custom.pll since its involves pl/sql coding. I know that there are some limitations of using Forms Personalization, like we cannot write pl/sql code through it but atleast can we call a database procedure ?if so how can we do that?

Please help me on this.

Thanks
Tarun

Re: Forms Personalization [message #131064 is a reply to message #130973] Thu, 04 August 2005 02:49 Go to previous message
adragnes
Forms personalisation is a great feature and it is sufficient for most forms extensions and should be the preferred way of doing them, but it cannot do everything. In your case you will have to use the CUSTOM Library instead. How to use the CUSTOM Library is described in the Oracle Applications Developer's Guide. See Chapter 28 Using the CUSTOM Library.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Previous Topic: Oracle Assets Fully Reserved Assets Report
Next Topic: Modifying Workflow Process to include document attribute
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:13:19 CDT 2024