Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Learning Curve for Oracle Financials
icon6.gif  Learning Curve for Oracle Financials [message #129478] Mon, 25 July 2005 07:18 Go to next message
syedashfaq2

Hi ALL,

I am basically from Oracle 8i/9i, PL/SQL Developer,Forms & Reports 6i -Client Server background.

Now i want to move into Oracle Financials, which module will help me to understand Oracle Financials as fast as possible.
Also let me know the clear learning path for the same.

Reply with all your valuable advice & thoughts.

Thanks in Advance,
Rgds,
Syed Ashfaq
Re: Learning Curve for Oracle Financials [message #129673 is a reply to message #129478] Tue, 26 July 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
There is a previous, related thread in this forum that you might find interesting.

If you want to learn Oracle Financials, I would start with Oracle General Ledger. Everything that goes on in Oracle Financials is destined to end up in GL. GL is not a very big module either.

After GL, I would choose either Oracle Payables or Oracle Receivables. Which one to choose really depends on what kind of organisation you are working for/want to work for. If strategy centres around the supply chain I would go for AP, if it centres around customer relationships I would go for AR.

If I were you I might not want to limit myself to Oracle Financials. Think about learning one of the two business processes: order-to-cash or purchase-to-pay, in addition to the budgeting and accounting processes done in GL.

Your safest best with your background will probably be to focus on a more technical role to begin with.

Learn how to do reporting (Oracle Reports, Oracle Discoverer, Daily Business Intelligence, FSG, ADI), interfaces (concurrent programs producing flat files, BPEL, XML Gateway, E-Commerce Gateway), conversion, extensions (folder forms, flexfields, forms personalisations, CUSTOM Library, self-service personalisations) and workflow.

In addition you might want to investigate some more adminstrative work such as migration, patching, security etc.

To get started get the documentation CD available for download from the Oracle Technology Network.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Learning Curve for Oracle Financials [message #129687 is a reply to message #129673] Tue, 26 July 2005 04:58 Go to previous message
syedashfaq2

Aleksander,

Thanks a lot for your advice & valuable info.
I shall get back to u if i stuck up some where in Oracle Financials.
Hope u dont mind.

Rgds,
Syed Ashfaq
Previous Topic: order import
Next Topic: Information Wanted
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:13:09 CDT 2024