Home » Other » General » What is job profile(activity) of Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Backend Programmer)
icon6.gif  What is job profile(activity) of Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Backend Programmer) [message #123270] Sat, 11 June 2005 03:15 Go to next message
deshle
Hi

Pls tell me what is job profile of the oracle pl/sql developer or backend programmer.

Pls give me answer of this question dont tell me find the documentation.

I need a good job very badly. Pls help what should I do to clear an interview.

Suggest me. Dont give me lecture.

Bye
Anil Rolling Eyes
Re: What is job profile(activity) of Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Backend Programmer) [message #123273 is a reply to message #123270] Sat, 11 June 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
First of all (not trying to be funny or offending), you should take advice when given. If someone points you to some documents, read them and try to understand. If you fail to understand them, ask about the points you don't understand. That is how you become better in your job!
To become an Oracle developer, it might help if you have experience (not only at home) with programming. If not, you should follow training.
Often, companies offer programs for unexperienced new-hires, starting with these trainings. Try to apply for such a job; Oracle knowledge is not needed in advance for that, only a certain kind of attitude (eager to learn, willing to take advice, loyalty to the company; they don't want you to run off after training-period is over).

hth
Re: What is job profile(activity) of Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Backend Programmer) [message #123277 is a reply to message #123273] Sat, 11 June 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deshle
Thank you
Re: What is job profile(activity) of Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Backend Programmer) [message #123322 is a reply to message #123277] Sat, 11 June 2005 18:51 Go to previous message
Maaher
So far, we have just pointed you in the right direction to make you find the answers yourself.

A PL/SQL developer is a technical job. Normally, a developer will get his/her assignments accompanied with a functional analysis. You program what is asked from you ( or you propose an alternative ). In the real world however, a functional insight is needed too. One of the projects I was on there was no functional analist at all, we had to do it all by ourselves.

A PL/SQL developer needs a background of Oracle in general, not only PL/SQL. Security, performance, maintainability, ... all aspects are to be considered here.

As Frank pointed out, the most important asset is (hands-on) experience. No certificates can replace that. Not only to get a job, but also to get a job done.

HTH,
MHE
Previous Topic: invalid sys object
Next Topic: Is the Oracle 9i not a good version?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:33:34 CDT 2024