Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Need Help in CUSTOM.pll .... Urgent!!!!!
Need Help in CUSTOM.pll .... Urgent!!!!! [message #121476] Mon, 30 May 2005 03:00 Go to next message
venkatesham

Hi,
I am writing the following code in CUSTOM.pll in event procedure to just simply display a field..

if(event_name = 'WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE') then
if(form_name ='xyz' and block_name = 'abc') then
app_item_property2.set_property('abc.item1',DISPLAYED,PROPERTY_OFF);
else
app_item_property2.set_property('abc.item1',DISPLAYED,PROPERTY_ON);
end if;
end if;

But when Compiling the Pkg. its giving the Following Error
variable app_item_propety2.set_property must be declared

though i attached the APPCORE2 library..

Plz any one help in this issue..

thanks
Venkat..
Re: Need Help in CUSTOM.pll .... Urgent!!!!! [message #121655 is a reply to message #121476] Tue, 31 May 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
venkatesham wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 10:00

But when Compiling the Pkg. its giving the Following Error
variable app_item_propety2.set_property must be declared

If the error message is correct, then this is no doubt because you have misspelled app_item_property2.

venkatesham wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 10:00

if(event_name = 'WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE') then
if(form_name ='xyz' and block_name = 'abc') then
app_item_property2.set_property('abc.item1',DISPLAYED,PROPERTY_OFF);
else
app_item_property2.set_property('abc.item1',DISPLAYED,PROPERTY_ON);
end if;
end if;

If I were you I would think about this some more. You might want to check for the form name in a separate IF statement. The way it is now it will set the DISPLAYED property to ON for an item in all forms not named 'xyx'. I doubt this is what you want...

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Need Help in CUSTOM.pll .... Urgent!!!!! [message #121818 is a reply to message #121655] Wed, 01 June 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
venkatesham
hi,
Thanks ... but it was not misspelled in CUSTOM.pll
Actually, wht i want is to display that field in xyz form only...not in all forms.

Do i need to open the xyz form in forms6i and write/call in a trigger to execute this code ?

Thanks
Venkat..
Re: Need Help in CUSTOM.pll .... Urgent!!!!! [message #121830 is a reply to message #121818] Wed, 01 June 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
It should not be necessary to alter the form directly. I have done many changes of the type you want to do without any problems like this:
   IF form_name = 'xyz'
   THEN
      IF event_name = 'WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE'
      THEN
         IF block_name = 'abc'
         THEN
            app_item_property2.set_property( 'abc.item1'
                                           , DISPLAYED
                                           , PROPERTY_OFF
                                           );
         END IF;
      END IF;
   END IF;

I think you should check your code again. And also verify that APPCORE2 has been attached and that it has a package app_item_property2 with a procedure set_property with the signature above.

If you are going to do a lot of CUSTOM Library changes in several forms, you will quickly find that the event-procedure in the CUSTOM package will get crowded and hard to get an overview of. I like to make a copy of the CUSTOM package for each form being extended and calling the corresponding function or procedure in these packages from the CUSTOM ones depending on the current form. This keeps the code tidy. If you want to do this, make sure that the packages has a name beginning with something after 'C' in the alphabet. 'XX' is a good start as Oracle will not create any object with names beginning like that.

If you will be working on several changes at once or there will be more of you doing CUSTOM Library changes at anyone time, even this will not help. You will get deadlocks waiting for the others to finish altering the CUSTOM.pll file and for one change to be tested before another can be migrated to production.

You can avoid this by putting the different packages above in separate libraries and attaching these to CUSTOM. Performance might be somewhat worse though.

In 11.5.10 or FND.H there is a new way of doing these things, namely forms personalisations. If you are working on an 11.5.10 instance I would urge you to use this instead. There is a white paper on it in Note 279034.1 on Metalink.

--
Aleksander Dragnes
Re: Need Help in CUSTOM.pll .... Urgent!!!!! [message #121975 is a reply to message #121830] Thu, 02 June 2005 02:56 Go to previous message
venkatesham
Thanks i will do the Same..

Venkat..
Previous Topic: KFF, DFF, DEVELOPMENT & IMPLEMENT / WHO AUDITING
Next Topic: Help me out
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:16:47 CDT 2024