Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » How to check the validation of the table .....
How to check the validation of the table ..... [message #120596] Fri, 20 May 2005 11:26 Go to next message
mdjahangeer
Hi

I have one doubt in interfaces. During transferring data from legacy systems to oracle apps, as we transfer data into interface tables. Before transfering into interface tables, we transfer the data into temporary table and we do check some validations.

My question is how to check these validations in real time environment?

I heard that we can check these validations with running some pl/sql procedures. But i don't know how to write and run these.

Any one who knows these can u reply for my question.

thanks in advance

jahangeer
Re: How to check the validation of the table ..... [message #120611 is a reply to message #120596] Fri, 20 May 2005 15:34 Go to previous message
Steve Corey
I would start by studying some of the existing API's to see how they process information. All the pl/sql does is perform validation, but these validations can be long and complex (I work for a state institution so I know about complex situations). Do you have a tool like TOAD (UltraEdit would be useful in this case too) that you can view these APIs with or are you stuck with Notepad?

If you are really struggling with it, I would recommend picking up an intro PL/SQL book to get accustomed to the terminology and basic coding structures.

In a real-time environment, at least where I work, we are fed a "flat" data file that we load into the temporary tables (also called staging tables) as you described, we then perform our validations, sometimes as many as 4 levels (thats 4 staging tables!) and then when we know its clean data, we load it into the appropriate Oracle tables. The movement of the data is done by the APIs I described which we schedule as concurrent requests in Oracle Applications and those can be automated to run every hour, every week, every month, whenever you want to schedule it to run. We of course tested the flat files for about a month to weed out all the errors. This can be a lengthy process and requires a lot of patience because new errors spring up that you didn't think of, situations pop up, etc.

Good luck!
HTH,
Steve
Previous Topic: Modify LINE DFF Copy API
Next Topic: Planning of generalized abstract OPM items
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:33:27 CDT 2024