Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Vanilla Instance
icon5.gif  Vanilla Instance [message #114766] Tue, 05 April 2005 09:36 Go to next message
bon_vivant

Hi there,

Warm Greetings!

I have recently started working on Oracle 11i Applications. As previously being an Oracle DBA and now extending towards Applications DBA, I came across "Vanilla Instance".

Firstly,I was wondering if anyone can provide detailed description of Vanilla Instance

Secondly I was quite cofused about the "implementation" phases when projects(Commonly) are being implemented, Though going through the documentation had not served me much.

Thanks,

-Bon
Re: Vanilla Instance [message #115167 is a reply to message #114766] Thu, 07 April 2005 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xoracle
Vanilla means "plain" as in "without customization" or "out-of-the-box"
Re: Vanilla Instance [message #118787 is a reply to message #114766] Sun, 08 May 2005 19:19 Go to previous message
Jay7
Hi Bon,

As you already know now that vanilla implementation is without any customisation.

Phases in implementation
Oracle provides AIM version 3.0 ( Accelerated Implementation Methodology) for defining six different phases in implementation
1) Planning
2) Defining
3) Design
4) Testing
5) Transition
6) Migration and support.

Different documentations ( BR.100, BR.030s,TE.040s) are provided to be used. Advantages of using this methodology are rapid implementation, eliminate errors and documents are mapped acoording to oracle modules.
I hope this helps. Google search AIM for more information.
Jay
Previous Topic: custom concurrent programs
Next Topic: Routing and scheduling in Oracle Applications
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:58:04 CDT 2024