Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Failed database creation HELP!!!
Failed database creation HELP!!! [message #113391] Fri, 01 April 2005 16:02 Go to next message
Raquel
I logged in to Unix as root. Then I typed su - oracle ht and pressed return. then I typed cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin and pressed return. Then I typed dbca and pressed return. The database configuration assistant launched and began configuring a new database. I made all the required selections etc and pressed create database. 2 seconds into the database creation I got an error that I had insufficient privileges and do I want to ignore or cancel. I chose to ignore it. A few seconds longer i received another error. I eventually stopped ignoring and chose to cancel. It asked me if i wanted to cancel the database creation I selected yes. This was yesterday. Today I log in as Oracle and try to create the database and I receive and error regarding a dump file. It is determined that there are some files that were created from yesterday despite the cancellation of the database creation and these files are owned by root. How do I clean this mess up. Please provide the exact commands I would need to execute to clean up the file system and create a database as user Oracle. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks!
Re: Failed database creation HELP!!! [message #115488 is a reply to message #113391] Mon, 11 April 2005 20:44 Go to previous message
andrew again
best to contact metalink.oracle.com for help. Also download their script "InstallPrep". It'll do all the checks for O/S patches, privs etc before you do the install.
Previous Topic: Urgent : Problem in passing arguments from shell script
Next Topic: UNIX/LINUX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:44:46 CDT 2024