Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » key flexfield in procedure-based custom forms
key flexfield in procedure-based custom forms [message #113375] Fri, 01 April 2005 12:35
trowsdale
Hi,

I'm not sure if this should be added to the Forms forum, or to PL/SQL, so I chose PL/SQL.

I'm working on a custom form to be added to Oracle HRMS. On this form, I need to call the key flexfield from pay_cost_allocation_keyflex, just as it's called from the Element Entries screen. After reading Oracle's documentation, it sounds like I'd have to implement as "form with foreign key reference."

In the instructions, one of the first steps is to create a foreign key on the base table linked to the form data block. (In this case, the foreign key would be the pay cost keyflex id)

The problem is that we are following another Oracle standard, and basing our form data blocks on procedures. So the blocks have no "base table."

We have been able to bring up the flexfield on the form, but there's no functionality - it's just writing the concatenated segments to our custom table, nothing else.

So my question is: Is there a way to call a flexfield from a procedure-based block, with full functionality?

I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Regards,

Bill
Previous Topic: Oracle Apps Functional Implementation Roadmaps - Does Anyone Have??
Next Topic: TCA API's??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:49:28 CDT 2024