Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » TCA API's??
TCA API's?? [message #113209] Thu, 31 March 2005 11:41 Go to next message
ImTheodore
How do these API's work? I cannot find complete documentation anywhere. I am new to Oracle and have the task of importing 31,000 customers. It began as an easy task but now I found some fields that are not used in the customer interface tables that need to be updated. Metalink told me to use the TCA API's, but I currently do not understand them.
All of the data I still need to import is in the HZ_CUST_SITE_USES_ALL table. The fields are; PRICE_LIST_ID, PRIMARY_SALESREP_ID, FOB_POINT, WAREHOUSE_ID and SHIP_VIA.
Of course all the data to be imported needs to be matched to the existing customer. Is this even possible?
Thanks,
Dave
icon14.gif  Re: TCA API's?? [message #113396 is a reply to message #113209] Fri, 01 April 2005 22:51 Go to previous message
vikrams

Hi Dave,
I think that you are taking the API's in a bit complicated Manner.
See there is a simple process.
1) Check what are the Mandantory fields required to create a customer in Oracle APPS.
2) Now decide according to your business which fields are needed to be populated in database.
3) Create a TABLE which will include all the fields which are required.
4) Write a Procedure which will fetch records from this TABLE and which will call TCA API's. (The API's will do there work)

Note:-
The API's are extremelly easy to understand and are very flexible. They will give you full control.
Also don't take the things in complicated manner. Take the Situation in simple manner and you will definatelly complete your goal. Cool

BEST OF LUCK.

Regds,
Vikram
Previous Topic: key flexfield in procedure-based custom forms
Next Topic: if u recieve purchasing order what wil be the entry.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:05:55 CDT 2024