Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Trace file not generated in apps
Trace file not generated in apps [message #112917] Tue, 29 March 2005 20:22 Go to next message
urchin556

Hi Guys,

I want to generate trace file for a prticular report in apps.I had checked the check box in concurrent program to enable trace.But no file is generated in the path of user_dump_dest after running the report.
Is any setting is missing?
Any help will be appreciated Laughing
icon7.gif  Re: Trace file not generated in apps [message #113436 is a reply to message #112917] Sun, 03 April 2005 05:52 Go to previous message
vaddadi_cisco

The following information would be useful in case you need to take a trace file for your concurrent program.

->In the System Administrator responsibility, check the checkbox 'Enable Trace' for the concurrent program.

Run the concurrent program from apps and note down the request id.

Run the following query

select oracle_process_id
from fnd_concurrent_requests
where request_id = &Your_request_id;

This would return the process id/session id for your concurrent program.

Now go to the trace directory ( in SJDV11 the trace files are stored in /oracle/admin/SJDV11/udump). There would be a file in this directory having the process id as a part of its file name.

Usually the file name would be

ora_<oracle_process_id>_<instance_name>.trc (for eg ora_12345_sjdv11.trc)

After this you can do a tkprof for the trace file to get the explain plan and time statistics.

Hope you find this information useful.

Rgds
A
Previous Topic: if u recieve purchasing order what wil be the entry.
Next Topic: what are the mile stones in implementing the oracle 11i financials implementation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:32:27 CDT 2024