Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Purging Orders in OM
Purging Orders in OM [message #110916] Fri, 11 March 2005 01:34 Go to next message
SanthoshKumar_s

Hi ,

I need details regarding Orders Purge
I need to test the entire flow on local instance for a particular order.

i need the purge criteria for purging those orders

Can anyone help me out in Solving this.

Thanks in Advance...

Santhosh Kumar S
Re: Purging Orders in OM [message #111153 is a reply to message #110916] Mon, 14 March 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kanalaramu
Hi Santosh,

Here i have given the information abt how to purge the Orders from Order management module.
I think this will help you.

Purge Orders
The Purge Orders concurrent program enables you to purge selected closed orders and their workflow history. You first determine which orders you wish to purge by creating a Purge Set. Once orders have been selected for purging within a purge set, you can then choose to purge the entire set, a subset of the Purge set, or to cancel the purge.

Criteria
Orders can only be purged if they meet the following conditions:
· Orders must be closed
· No open demand exist for orders, open work orders, open invoices, open returns and open requisitions.

Instructions
Purge Set Creation
A purge set is a set which will contain orders to be purged based upon user specified criteria. Purge set can be created in the following two ways:
· Purge Set Creation using the Create Purge Set Concurrent Program
· Multi-selection of orders within the Order Organizer window and then invoking the Create Purge Set Concurrent Program from the Tools Menu.
Purge Set Creation using the Create Purge Set concurrent program
(N) Orders, Returns > Order Purge > Order Purge Selection
(N) Orders, Returns > Order Purge > Order Purge

Purge Set Creation by multi-selection
1. (N) Orders, Returns > Order Organizer
2. selecting multi-selecting orders
3. (M) Tools > Purge > Purge Set
4. (B) Submit

Purge Imported Credit Exposure

The Purge Imported Credit Exposure concurrent program enables you to purge imported external credit exposure records by operating unit and exposure source. If you have imported external credit exposure records for multiple operating units, in order to purge all external credit exposure records you will need to submit the concurrent program for each operating unit you have imported external credit exposure records for.

Instructions

(N) Reports, Requests > Run Requests (B) OK > Purge Imported Credit Exposure

(N) Other > Requests > Run

Select ‘Purge Imported Credit Exposure’

Message Purge
The Message Purge concurrent program purges Order Management messages that are generated during order processing. To keep the Oracle Order Managmenet Message tables at manageable sizes, you should submit the Message Purge concurrent program at periodic intervals. After the concurrent program has successfully completed, you can use the Process Messages window and to verify that the Order Management message tables have been purged as specified by the input selection criteria.

Instructions
(N) Orders,Returns >Purge Messages

Regards,
Ram
Re: Purging Orders in OM [message #111166 is a reply to message #111153] Mon, 14 March 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SanthoshKumar_s

Hi Ram,

Thanx for ur Reply

This is the same instructions as given in the user guide..
I Tried following these instructions

i'm able to create the purge set
n i'm able to run the purge program

but i'm unable to purge Invoices..
( although i tried to purge a particular invoice which is closed)

Do u have any idea bout this

Thanks and Regards,

Santhosh Kumar S
Re: Purging Orders in OM [message #111170 is a reply to message #111166] Mon, 14 March 2005 07:35 Go to previous message
kanalaramu
Hi Santosh,

You have asked how to purge Orders. But from your reply , i guess ur trying to purge invoices. There are so many things to be taken into consideration:

To purge invoices you can look into following instructions:

Invoice Purge Criteria
If you are purging invoices, the Purge program purges related invoice distributions, invoice approvals, and invoice batches. You can purge invoices that meet the following criteria:

· Last Update Dates of the invoice and its distributions, and the Invoice Date, are on or before the Last Activity Date
· Invoice is fully paid or is a zero-amount invoice
· Invoice is fully posted
· Invoice does not have any 1099 distributions, and is not for a 1099 supplier
· Invoice was not generated by a recurring invoice template
· Invoice is not a prepayment, and no prepayments have been applied to the invoice
· All of the invoice’s payments meet the Payment Purge Criteria
· No open encumbrances are associated with the invoice
· All purchase orders referencing the invoice meet the Purchase Order Purge Criteria (this condition applies only when you choose Matched Invoices and POs for the purge category)
· If Oracle Assets is installed, all of the invoice’s distributions were tested by Mass Additions
· Invoice is not Oracle Projects related

If you want to PURGE PURCHASE ORDERS u can do as follows.

Purchase Order Purge Criteria
If you are purging purchase orders, the Purge program deletes related purchase requisitions, and receipts. You can purge purchase orders that meet the following criteria:
· You have not updated the header, line, shipment, or distribution after the Last Activity Date. Note that Oracle Purchasing automatically updates some of your purchase order information even if you are not in a purchase order window. For example, when you receive items against a purchase order, Purchasing automatically updates your purchase order shipment to reflect the quantity received.
· You have not updated any releases for a blanket agreement that meets the purge criteria after the Last Activity Date
· Purchase order is approved
· Purchase order is cancelled or closed
· Purchase order is billed and received
· Any contract referenced on a standard purchase order meets the purge criteria
· All online requisitions and all receipts referencing the purchase order meet the purge criteria
· All invoices referencing the purchase order meet the Invoice Purge Criteria (this condition applies only when you choose Matched Invoices and POs for the purge category)
· No invoices match the purchase order (this condition must apply only when you choose Simple Purchase Orders for the purge category)
· Purchase order is not referenced in Oracle Inventory or Oracle MRP
· If Oracle Supplier Scheduling is installed, the blanket release is not referenced on a supplier schedule
· Purchase order is not referenced on an ASL
· Purchase Order is not Oracle Projects related
Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Ram
Previous Topic: what are the setups requirement for establishment inter company relations
Next Topic: MRP Inquiries Calculation wrong quantities in OPM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:13:42 CDT 2024